Planerboard found!!!

I got a lost planerboard back from a kind soul that found it out in South Haven. Gotta love sportsmen taking care of sportsmen. Nice fella to meet and he even lives in Kzoo. Hopefully another guy to go fishing and share reports with. So thanks to you Jerome. Hopefully u make it on here!:grin:

That’s great Jarrod. We lost one on the Fishsniffer the other day and someone on another site was talking about a board he found and started to describe the makings on it. Don tried to contact the guy and suddenly the guy was not longer available and no longer talking about the planner board he found.:angry2:

That’s great Jarrod. We lost one on the Fishsniffer the other day and someone on another site was talking about a board he found and started to describe the makings on it. Don tried to contact the guy and suddenly the guy was not longer available and no longer talking about the planner board he found.:angry2:

Yeah i saw that conversation what a &&$$*(**)_:angry2: I mean for petes sake its aplaner board, not a million dollars cash. I thought that was a pretty d bag move. Well it pays to put names on em as this is 2 of 3 boards lost in the last year returned.

Hey Mike

I think that one is mine. It must have floated your way when i lost it in the sheboygan WI tourney:grin:

Its possible! Port or Starboard? New style or old style? If you can identify it, its yours. :P

The whole point of this thread is to make sure everyone puts their name and phone number on their boards. If you loose one, you may get a phone call and get it back.

Nice thread Jarrod! :thumb:

Yes, I couldn't agree more on marking the boards. It would be very interesting to see where they end up.

The board i lost was a new starboard walleye board. It was calm out and we had a screamer hit the 300 copper and the braid broke. I assume, being we had a green horn that set that side up, something was rigged wrong because we watched this thing get sucked right under the water and should have slid right off. We set a waypoint and circled hoping it would surface and nothing. I had high hopes of a great story finding the board with a fish still hooked:D

Not a board, but someone in a boat returned my bobber to me after i broke off a steel this morning on the pier.. nice fella.

I know the bobber costs a lot less but still thats my lucky pink bobber!

Hint hint... to were the fish are at btw;)

• 3 weeks later...

We're having a terrible year for loosing boards. I know I lost one early in the year and then two in one day and at least one or two more on top of that. They are all marked and could find there way home again. I lost one two years ago on a small king and another guy in our marina snagged it two weeks later in the same area. I even got the spoon back. I have gotten a couple other ones back over the years as well.

One note on this. Ink will fade off boards and can easily be taken off with acetone. I etch my boards with an electric etcher and then darken in the markings with a marker.

We're having a terrible year for loosing boards. I know I lost one early in the year and then two in one day and at least one or two more on top of that. They are all marked and could find there way home again. I lost one two years ago on a small king and another guy in our marina snagged it two weeks later in the same area. I even got the spoon back. I have gotten a couple other ones back over the years as well.

One note on this. Ink will fade off boards and can easily be taken off with acetone. I etch my boards with an electric etcher and then darken in the markings with a marker.

Same here. I started wrapping braid backer and have been having snap offs 10'-15' up from the board on flat days. Always fun to make that quick loop:mad:. Next year im splicing mono section to clip boards on. Hate adding more knots but knot a choice:p Have only had power pro do this and not any ripcord. Both 30# and brand new this year:confused:

Thats a much better idea on the boards as i know mine have faded quite a bit.:)

I've seen the Power Pro break off in those Church clips too many times. All of our core or copper lines use 30# mono backer, or use a 30# mono shock leader about 30' long between the core/copper and Power Pro backer. This line holds up well in the church clips and if you clip the board onto the same spot on the mono every time you can easily see if the line is getting weak. It is simple then to trim the bad section off and retie before you experience a break off.

• 4 weeks later...

We saw a yellow offshore board go by with the name 'Brewmaster" on it in Frankfort but we didn't catch it in time and couldn't turn around to pick it up..I didn't recognize the name if anyone else does I think I know the boat that picked it up behind us.