lowrance GPS/Fishfinder question

I have had to give my Lowrance a hard reboot in the spring on the GPS side and yesterday I had to reset, all the settings for the Sonar -- is anyone else having issues with Lowrance products -- I leave my boat in a slip with blue top up, I cover all three graphs with a towel am I holding to much heat:confused:

I had to hard reset mine when I initially set mine up out of the box this spring, but it's been fine since. Might be worth pulling off the boat to see if it makes a difference. Heat isn't an issue in the UP right now:(

I had my lowrance do strange things like turn itself on when I left it connected and under the boat cover. I ended up sending it in for repairs and they sent a slip stating not to allow it to get too hot like under the cover or in a parked car. I built a garage to solve that problem.

I just sent my LMS332C back for repairs. It was blowing fuses and would keep re-starting itself. Then it stopped working all together.

Good luck with Lowrance's customer services. It took me three days to finally get through with almost an hour wait each time.

I have had the LMS 525C dual frequency for two years and it has been fantastic for me. The GPS occasionally goes in and out before regaining a solid signal, but I suspect that has more to do with satellites than with my unit.

• 1 month later...

I just bought my second gps antenna (LGC-3000, $250.00) the other day. The first two lasted a week or two past the one year warranty. I didn't buy the extended warranty the first two times, and decided I would this time. Called Lowrance, and in the course of the conversation, he said the 3000's were very sensitive to any surges or static, even suggested that the Coast Guard passing by could blow it out. He said that if I had been under warranty, the replacement would have been an LGC-4000. Then he said if I gave him the serial number of my old antenna, he could send me a 4000 for $112.00. Being the math whiz that I am, I immediately realized this was less than 250 and said yes. Hopefully this is a better unit. (Though the others worked great right up until they didn't.)

Hmm...seems their units work until just after the one warranty is up. Had troubles with my sonar unit and had to have it sent in in the spring a few years back. Just outta warranty.:rolleyes: Would turn on and off on its own. Sent it in in April, got it back in August!!!:angry2:

Luckily i know the guys at a local bait shop and was able to get a loner unit. Otherwise i woulda been S.O.L. Since then no problems.(knock on wood) But, we were not happy about the turn around time with our unit. Very dissappointing to say the least. We also had trouble with a previous GPS Unit from Lowrance. Changed out units three times before finallly getting our money back and changing to Garmin...Have NEVER regretted it.

So, after so much drama with 4 Lowrance Units, when the sonar gets upgraded it WILL NOT be with another Lowrance. Will likely be Raymarine or a Furuno. A couple friends run those on their boat and i really like how they mark fish....and theyve had zero issues.