Downrigger Question

Evening all,

Can anyone tell me what the cannonball weight limit is on the Big Jon Silver Capt's Pak riggers? I would like to put on some more weight on my deeper runs this year and don't want to put to much stress on the rigs. I'm not talking anything monstrous, maybe something up in the 14 or 15 lb. range.

Thanks all,

Chris

Not sure, but the Brutes are rated for 20 pounds plus and the captains pak's are just like the Brutes without the electrical motors. Maybe shoot an email off to Big Jon to be sure. I can't see a problem other then having to reel those big weights up manually.

I asked Big Jon about the Pro Tournament riggers and they said that 15# is the heaviest they would use. I'm not sure if the motor is the same in the Captain's Pack or not. Give them a call, they'll be able to tell you.

There is a difference in the motors between the captains pack and the pro tournament riggers. I am not sure what they recommend with the captains pack as far as a maximum. Like Nick said, give them a call and they will be happy to answer your question.