Had an afternoon trip, and with the reports from the am around Ludington I wasn't staying close. Ran past the stick and out till the temp dropped to 55 from 68 at the point. Set up in the 39's and 12's and trolled n/w till the temp dropped to 50, that was in the 42's and 15's. Took 4 nice 6 to 12 lb steelies, and 2 6 to 7 lb coho. Missed 2 other fish. Then the wind started blowing so with a 22 mile run in we started pulling. An hour and 45 mins later we made it back. What a ride !

Yeah rides like that make for thirsty tanks. Had it not been so rough on the way home, I wouldn't have burned quite so much. As it is I probably burned 40 gals. When are you coming up Ed ? We'll have to get together.

Dave, I hauled the trailer up in May, it's in the same place at Cartier. We have always brought the boat up for the 4th but are thinking of holding off till the 10th this year. It's every weekend and 3 weeks of vacation after that. Lake Erie is still hot and Milt was going to come over one more time to fish there with me. I have to confirm with him tonight. If he want's to fish Erie, I'll hang out here one more weekend but I'm really itching to catch some fish that pull back. I'll give you a shout when we get up.