Well, we fished the Scottish Rite tournament out of LBM today. What a day on the water. Conditions were great, too flat for my liking, but a beautiful day none the less. Fishing followed suit. I dare say we boated somewhere in the realm of 50-60 legal walleye today, about 8 sheephead and a couple of cats. We weighed in 14.75# which landed us 8th place and a check...Once again, i just couldnt get that kicker fish to get us over the hump. Winning weight was 17.78#.

And to end the day we cooked some fish, fries, Mom made some cole slaw. Great company, food and fun...another fine day in paradise.

Our day started out decent enough when we got to my spot. The first 8 fish were keepers and about a 5 pounder was lost at the back of the boat. Then the wind/breeze went dead and the little guys took over. We boated 38 walleyes but only ended up keeping 13 for the half day. Had maybe 50 short hits, where the rubber band would get slammed and stretch way out then go slack again. Later observations revealed many missing tales on my Gulp nightcrawlers. :no:

IM001983.jpg

IM001985.jpg

Our day started out decent enough when we got to my spot. The first 8 fish were keepers and about a 5 pounder was lost at the back of the boat. Then the wind/breeze went dead and the little guys took over. We boated 38 walleyes but only ended up keeping 13 for the half day. Had maybe 50 short hits, where the rubber band would get slammed and stretch way out then go slack again. Later observations revealed many missing tales on my Gulp nightcrawlers. :no:

GJ Dan. Those little guys are our future. Up until a couple of weeks ago all our fish were legal. We are now getting some small ones every trip. Different locations seem to yield better for us. We are getting some light short hits also.

Edited by Walleye Express

Thanks guys...I fished in 28' of water again. Same program, inlines and harnesses 30-40' back with 1 oz. Purples, chartruese and oranges all took fish for us. Kicked the speed up to around 1.3-1.4 for the best results. Water temps was up to 73 when we quit.

Sounds like a great day for you Adam. We pre-fished for a tourney last year and brought an 8#er to the boat , went out on tournament day only to find the cookie cutters. Your numbers look great. It was way too calm out there on Saturday, even managed a little bit of a sunburn. Keep it up.