Credit Card Applications In The Mail

GLF

I do not know about everyone else, but we get at least 10 credit card applications in the mail per week. :( What a waste of trees! I consider these just as bad as spam mail. Sorry if I spammed you about this site :D

There is a way to stop these!

You can choose to stop receiving "prescreened" offers of credit from credit card companies by calling toll-free 1-888-567-8688.

My wife and I just finished a finance class that lasted 15 weeks. As part of the class we cut up our crecit cards and totalled and shredded the credit card offers. Over the course of the class and 16 families we collected over 5 million dollars in credit card offers.:eek:

We also paid off $14,500.00 in debt, and made a budget to follow. This was tough at first, but removing the debt has sure made it easier to save money and pay the bills.

The ones that come with postage paid envelopes I just normally, shred the ap, through in some kleenex, used is ok, and maybe some other odds and ends with a small business card sized message that states:

You quit sending me your trash, and I'll quit sending you mine!!!!

Tim

• 2 months later...
I fill the postage paid envelpes until it is almost bursting. Usually with flyers from the newspaper. Then i pop it in the mail. The addressee will have to pay more for the over weight item. Just make sure that nothing with your name on it is placed in the envelope. hehe

Thats a good idea Gin :D