yankee springs campout

there are tons of fish in gun lake, i fish it every year in the spring for blue gill and we ice fish it every winter,blue gill,crappie,pike,bass,well you get the idea.i think your too late to catch the blue gills up on there beds but maybe some straglers might be around i would try to find some weed beds.good luck

the weather is suppose to be nice this weekend.

Gun Lake is my home lake. I live 5 min down the road. Lots of fish in that lake. Fish the edges of the drop off over by party Island and chicago point. if your looking for crappies and gills. bards cove is also a great pan fish spot. if looking for bass then target west gun. Smallmouth then fish Englands poing and hastings point. Also good crappie fishing in Robins bay. I will say this all pan fish I catch are on a 1/64th oz black jig with white and pink eyes with a Yum twistertail body color smoke tipped with a waxie. I catch everything on this. for Bass, lipless crankbaits and tubes right now. Green pumpkin, greenwatermellon, and motoroil are the top ones out there. You can try for walley but I would not waist my time. most guys that catch them out there catch them by accident. Ive spent more hours then I care to say fishing walleye throwing every method know at them and have caught some dandies but over 23 years ive netted maybe a dozen walleye. hope this helps.

Yes we did. We are actually heading up to our cabin this aftenoon two hours north of gun lake and are going to try some stream trout fishing with waders and flyrods. Maybe some bluegill fishing. just hope there is enough time after I doo all the chores that need to be done up there.

Gun lake is great for all kinds of fish. I go there for a week in early June each year. Send me a pm and a phone number and I would be happy to help you fill the fish basket and have a great time.

thanks for all the info...looks like the camp is flooded and we are re-scheduled for late august.Oh well I will try and find this post then or repost for your input.

Thanks again.

GTR