Walleye AuGres 6-18-09 EZ Limit

Frank S. and yours truly picked up a quick limit of eyes going with the flow. We did get a few undersized fish, and farmed 3 keepers. We were in 32-33 FOW drifting harnesses and bouncers. We ran 4 boards with 2 oz bouncers and two rods off the sides with 3 oz bouncers. Purple and chartreuse continue to gitter done. It felt strange not having 4 or more people onboard.:lol: I had to restrain myself from putting 10 or more line out.:)

walleye_augres_6-18-09.jpg

Nice work Frank! Have you ever had the chance to hit Lake Erie near peele island for any eyes? That place will kick your A$$.....my memories of that trip were riggin boards and riggin harnesses ALL DAY LONG!!! No exaggeration when i say we never went 5 minutes without a fish on :grin:

Nice work Frank! Have you ever had the chance to hit Lake Erie near peele island for any eyes? That place will kick your A$$.....my memories of that trip were riggin boards and riggin harnesses ALL DAY LONG!!! No exaggeration when i say we never went 5 minutes without a fish on :grin:

Brom, AuGres is in my back yard. I"m old and slow, and if it got any faster I'd probably collapse.:lol: Last week three of us, including a 92 yo limited in about 1-1/2 hrs. I can't see me driving 3 or more hrs to fish for walleye, when I'm 15 minutes from the AuGres launch. A good friend caught a 12.08# walleye a few days ago out of AuGres on one of my home tied harnesses.

Frank was that on saturday? Talked to a guy at the dock and he showed me a 33 1/2 inch walleye. beautiful fish! My dads got a 32 inch 13.4 pounds walleye mounted , it was caught through the ice.

Larry, Yes that's the one. Bob fishes with me a quite a bit. Bob probably had his Jack Russell Terrier with him also. I think the dog netted the fish.:D

2 man limit???? I bet you didn't spend enough time on the water only catching 10. At least it's not costing much in gas$$$$$$$$. Good work, I'll be looking to be back up next weekend.

Nice goin Frank. See you've been on em pretty good lately. :)

Cam Man is just about done with B-ball.. into tournaments now and he's been askin "When can we go fish with Frank?"

Mike, Ya know I like kids, and make it extra special for them. I enjoyed fishing with Cam, your dad, and yes even you.:lol: It's been cool so far so the fish will probably hold their patterns for awhile. I hit them hard, from Late May until the action slows on the inner bay. :)

Glyn, It's been relatively cool, so they will probably hold this pattern through July. A couple of years ago it was a hot June and they slowed down about 2 weeks into July. If I had to pick some days, to fish walleye on the bay, you can bet the farm they would be in June.

Glyn, It's been relatively cool, so they will probably hold this pattern through July. A couple of years ago it was a hot June and they slowed down about 2 weeks into July. If I had to pick some days, to fish walleye on the bay, you can bet the farm they would be in June.

Thanks for the info, you are very helpful Frank.