Favorite Dipsy Color

With all the choices out there for the color of the dipsys you run, which is/are your favorite/most productive?

I have just started using them and found a pretty good deal on the clear last year. Just curious of which colors are most popular. Thanks in advance for the input.

Bob

Some think it makes a difference, personally I don't.

In the Lure Jensen brand I tend to buy the chrome ones with Yellow rings.

A few years back at the Super Salmon Clinic, the Best Chance guys claimed White was best. A few years later I heard them again and they claimed a different color.

Find fish put something in front of them, and they will hit it.

1) White/Crushed Glow Tape (by a long shot for the last 10-12 years)

2) Chrome

3) Metallic Green

Some people use certain colors for port and starboard. I do the same thing, but snubbers instead (red and green).

I usually fish with 4 White/Crushed Glow Tape divers.

My top three colors are...black, black, and black. So for the most part i only run black dipseys. Although i think on some days that the dipsey color may help (especially with cohos), i would rather try to take it out of the equation completely. I do still use chrome and glow dipseys but on a rare occasion. I believe that black dipseys add stealth to a delivery tool rather than an additional attractor. They allow the fish to concentrate on the bait (spoon, flasher/fly, etc) and not on the entire rig.

Metalic Green is my best. They all work but I believe it is the combination along with what you run behind it. Metalic green is my most productive with the flasher fly combo. when I run spoons solid chrome is real productive and when pulling js wonderbread is hands down the winner.

chrome and green, chrome on the starboard side, green on the port side. The only reason we run more than one color is to keep the correct one on the correct side. If I remember right we've caught the same amount of fish on both. use to run watermelon and firetiger in Dipsy Divers, no reason for that either. Now we run Walker Deeper Divers, not having to fool around with the rings is awesome. Oh yeah, most of the paint has come off of both divers and the fish still don't seem to care.

I've tried running two different dipsy colors with the same flasher fly combo and the chartruese dipsy has out produced them all for me. Do you guys usually run mag or #1's??

I run slide divers,#1's and Mags. Depends on how deep the fish are. When im fishing high in the water column i like the slide divers cause i can get away from the boat a bit with the longer leads between the diver and the bait of choice.

• 3 weeks later...

I run green on one side and yellow on the other. If I think about it I run all my green flashers and flies on the green dipsey and my mellow yellow and white flies on the yellow one, but that isn't always the case. I'd love to run all the same colors (as the flashers and flies I am running) but quite honestly I haven't got the money.