Alcona DAM Pond

Heading up to the DAM pond this weekend for a fam fishing trip Gramps cabin is 1/4 mi away. We fished it fairly hard last year and did pretty crappy. Sure it will be fun but always looking for tips as my standard tactics have failed miserably.:rolleyes: Gonna float down the Ausable which should be sweet. :grin: Will post when i get back hopefully:lol: Thurs to Sunday fishing trip is gonna rough with 12 guys:beerchug::drinks::laola::ps-020:

Well its Monday i survived:grin:. We ended up with 10 guys in our 20' X 24' cabin with 3 generations of cousins dad, uncles. Pulled a few pike out of the dam with the biggest being just under 30". Well i did manage to put a treble hook thru my uncles ear:lol: He was a trooper though and i got to do surgery:rolleyes:.

Tried fishing a local stream with my cousin that had fished it there before:crazy: Well after a long walk in waders for 3 miles along river without a spot to even cast, we headed back. After a long day on the boat fishing with alot of beverages, we walked around for almost 3 hours in the dark in the woods in waders!!!!:lol::help: Both forgot GPS, compasss, and phones.:rolleyes:

Canoed down Ausable from Alcona to Loud which turned pretty fun with prob 30 trout hooked. All spinners for trout. Some smallies on worms. Got 2 keepers in, lost some darn nice fish. Cousin got a 18" smallie on ultralight:lol:. Headed back late Sunday after lots of driving and cleaning. Im beat!!! but had a fun weekend with the fam.:):D:grin:

Note, carring waders is much less tiresome.

Wear your sneakers, and carry your waders in and out on thsoe long trecks.

Been there done that.

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

Note, carring waders is much less tiresome.

Wear your sneakers, and carry your waders in and out on thsoe long trecks.

Been there done that.

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend.

The walk there wasnt bad, maybe 1/4-1/2 mile. If i had sneakers my waders would still be out there after the getting lost part of it. At least i was smart enough to bring my headlamp. My cousin didnt even have that:rolleyes: Was a great weekend of exploring.:D

GJ Jarod. Was your uncle wearing that hook on the right or left side. Maybe you could have just left it as trip remembrance.:) I'm glad you were able to free him without him pulling too much drag. Seriously it is a hazard of our game. Always wear glasses while fishing. A treble in the eye, and you don't look so good.

did you find any tackle boxes?

The pike i got had a different storm thunderstick stuck in its side. Thought that was good enough. Uncle got it in the right ear, he was allowed to keep the spinner after i clipped the hooks as a keep sake:lol:. A little scotch on the ear and he was good to go.:)

• 4 months later...