drifting for walleye

Jay.

The key is keeping your line and offerings at a 45 degree angle away from the boat, ticking along or very near bottom. So achieving this depends simply on the right weight used as compared with the wind and waves pushing you along. Bottom bouncers (I think) were made specifically for, and are best for this technique application. Sometimes on really windy days you need a drift soc to slow your drift down for harnesses. And I've even had some success drifting crankbaits when I'm moving along fast enough. It is a technique that can really produce when trolling will not.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

We use bouncers/harnesses on Oneida Lake.

About a 1 ft to 18" chop, with a bag off the front, and turn your outboard into the waves, to put the boat parallel to the waves, and set the rods in the holders, with a tight line, a wait.

The jigging action of the boat rocking will trigger the hits.

We also pull harnesses trolling, with bouncers, and also hang harnesses from snap weights off small boards.

# 4, or 5 Colorado blades in chartruse, or green holograghic perch patterns, but we also use black, or purple too.

The fish will tell you what they like.

Matter of fact, since last weekend(the Walleye opener here)the lake was closed, due to high water(go figure) were heading into Walleyeville on Sunday.

The hot skillet will be a useful item later.:thumb:

Scott:thumb:

• Like 1