Got a tip from a buddy that says the fish are Deep.They are taking fish between 220' and 280' in the top 60' of water. He fishes Grandhaven,Holland and Saugatuck. Notice there is no one reporting fishing over 180. Might want to check out deep this weekend. Looked at my Logs from past and Typically when the surface temp nears the high 50s low 60s in temp near the shore, I see a pattern of most of the fish I have caught 200 to 280' of water. there should be bait fish out there somewhere. Ive Tried talking him into looking at the site but he hates computors. He is a good fisherman. I will keep working on him and I belive when he sees what were all about he will like the site. I had his blessing to post this so thanks Dennis. Good luck to all this weekend and I will think of you while I am at work. I might not even be jellous.

i wont be fishing either. Although i dont have a weekend for a couple weeks i do have to shoot (muzzleloader competition) the next two weeks. i have also heard the same thing just today at lunch from a friend that he has been out deep.

In addition to this, I just got done talking to a few charter boats in Grand Haven and the fishing is fantastic offshore. They all fished one of two breaks, one south and one north. The north one was 14 miles from the pier and the south was 17 miles from the pier. They are on Coastwatch, so it is good to get a good Coastwatch reading before you head out. The water was anywhere from 280-313 feet of water. Both breaks were about 5 degrees in a 100 yard area. The catches are a majority of Kings and Steelhead, with 20-35 fish per boat being reported. It sounded like the top 80 feet, with lots and lots of shallow cores, coppers, and divers. Good luck!!!

Typical mid june fishing just go west I see most of the report boards saying 180 to 230 but I would motor out to at least 220 and troll from there. I was not planning on burning up boat gas this weekend or next but looks like I am going out on a friends boat tommorrow night out of Muskegon. Depending on what time we leave the dock will determine what I do as I have a few favorite spots I like to be at night that always seem to hold fish so there is a good chance we will do a little bit of recon and then make a plan as I have not been out of Muskegon in over a week so need to locate a few things to make a plan.

going deep worked out of manistee today 500 to 700 fow 21 kings 3 steelies and 3 lakers.will post a full report tommarow.have to get the boat ready for the morning and go to sleep:grin: