Erie June 5,6,& 7

Had a nice long weekend on Lk. Erie. The Detroit Beach Boat club were great hosts, that is one nice facility and marina. Fishing was great, we pulled 3 man Ohio limits on Friday and Saturday and two of us pulled 10 on short trip Sunday. The best fishing is in Ohio waters right now and we fished from the Sputnik out to W Sister Island. It is a tough bite in Michigan waters from the boats we spoke with. We fished stinger scorpion, mini streaks and moonshine spoons behind diver disks and off the down riggers. We ran leads from 90 to 110 feet off the boards with riggers on the bottom. The best spoon of the weekend was a streak scarlet fever with a chartruse backed blueberry muffin a close 2nd. There were more fish closer to the island than to the sputnik.

Here's a full box from Friday:

ohio_walleye_limit.jpg

There is a nice sized year class we are fishing and there are lots of 14-1/2 inch throw backs for next year. We fished a steelheaders tourney Saturday. Many brought in limits. We finished 5th about 2 pounds out of first. Here are the top 10 from our box we weighed for that.

top_10.jpg

My buddy Milt has been one of my fishing mentors going back a lot of years. It was nice to have him on board. He does a great job zippering walleye fillets to remove the pin bones. I cut em and he zips them to make short work of our catch.

milt_walleye.jpg

Steve caught a small muskie too that we released. We also hit and lost a steelie.

steve_muskie.jpg

It was a great weekend, the frying pan was sizzling tonight. Good luck!

Great report, good fishing and love the pictures. Talked with a friend downriver who fishes Erie too. He also said that Ohio was great fishing right now. Way to hammer em'!