Website Issue - Pages Loading Slow

GLF

I received an email and a private message from someone saying they are having issues with pages loading. I was told they do not have issues with other vbulletin websites.

I do not have issues with the pages loading, but I want to get to the bottom of this.

Is anyone else having these issues?

Other sites are fine, just have problems with this one. It just started a few days ago. Sometime Home page will not load, or I get tired of waiting. Sometimes trying to post under a thread and it will go fine, other times not.

Hmm I wonder if its just local? By that I mean your local providers?

It could be the location of the servers of the other websites, and the hubs you use to get to my sever.. I believe the server I am on is located in Texas.

I have the same problem P1 has with another vbulletin website I visit. Other people do not have issues.

I was OK until just recently. No changes here. :) Sometimes things will go OK then other times the hour glass icon is there for far too long. Sometimes if I stop it and try it again it will go. I never had any problems with this PC on any other sites. STRANGE.:)

The fishing has been really good. Lots and lots and lots of trout in the streams and rivers. I haven't caught anything huge yet, but am heading to a reservoir Father's Day weekend for some Lake Trout, Brown Trout, Rainbows, and Perch fishing at 9,153 feet. So, I am excited.

I will be back in Michigan on July 2nd to fish until the 12th, then I am heading to Alaska, and then back to Michigan on the 20th to fish the rest of the summer and then back to Colorado! :)

It could be the location of the servers of the other websites, and the hubs you use to get to my sever.. I believe the server I am on is located in Texas.

I have the same problem P1 has with another vbulletin website I visit. Other people do not have issues.

It looks like the server you are hosted on is located in IL... Another thing to consider is how busy the server you are hosted on is... since most webhosts have many websites hosted on a single server. If another site hosted on the same server gets busy all of the sudden it can slow things down for all the other sites running on that server. Or you could be right and the path from a certain ISP could be experiencing a problem and increased latency starts to cause problems with a websites performance.

S:\>ping www.greatlakesfisherman.com

Pinging greatlakesfisherman.com [207.210.231.165] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 207.210.231.165: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=43

IP Address 207.210.231.165

Host 207.210.231.165

Location US, United States

City Flora, IL 62839

Organization REAL WEB HOST

ISP Colo4Dallas LP

AS Number AS36024

My name is Ara by the way... nice site!

Most of the time pages load fast and without problem... then all of a sudden one will load reeeaaalll ssllooowww. Then after that no problem...

Seems to happen once out of a dozen or so. I thought it was just me, but I don't recall that I've had the same problem with most other sites. I'll try and remember to spend a little time tomorrow at work :grin:.

I'm in Big Rapids and use Charter Cable - normally pretty fast.

It looks like the server you are hosted on is located in IL... Another thing to consider is how busy the server you are hosted on is... since most webhosts have many websites hosted on a single server. If another site hosted on the same server gets busy all of the sudden it can slow things down for all the other sites running on that server. Or you could be right and the path from a certain ISP could be experiencing a problem and increased latency starts to cause problems with a websites performance.

S:\>ping www.greatlakesfisherman.com

Pinging greatlakesfisherman.com [207.210.231.165] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 207.210.231.165: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=43

IP Address 207.210.231.165

Host 207.210.231.165

Location US, United States

City Flora, IL 62839

Organization REAL WEB HOST

ISP Colo4Dallas LP

AS Number AS36024

My name is Ara by the way... nice site!

Welcome to the website Ara. Do you know much about servers? I have been looking for someone with knowledge about servers. I have questions about servers and did not know anyone to ask.

Thanks for clearing it up about the server location. At one time I believe this host was located in Texas.

I have a reseller package, and do "some" hosting. I am on a shared server, which could be an issue with server load from other websites.

I spoke with my host last week about possibly needing to be on a semi-private server. He said if I was at the point of needing to be on a semi-private server they would contact me.

The thing about vbulletin software is that it uses a lot of a servers resources. All of the data is stored in a mysql database.

I periodically check the load on the server I am on. Here are the stats from toady on the server.

Deanna 18:45:14 up 96 days, 4:24, 0 users, load average: 0.03, 0.09, 0.13

I'm using Ubuntu now and it seems better. I may be ready to cut Micro Soft off at the ankles. :)

Better but still not good.

Hang in there Frank. I know how frustrating this is.

Are you having the same issue with the other vbulletin sites I host?

Sloooooooow, even trying to post this reply.

The home page loads slow also.

I'm going to try coming in with a Linux OS.

The weather module on the home page has a feed from accuweather. If there is an issue with the feed from accuweather, it affects the home page loading.