Adapter plates for Big Jon Rod Holders

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are adapter plates for the "Multi-Set Rod Holder for the Ball Cradle" that will allow them to fit in a Berts or Traxtech tracks. I have some track I would like to use them on. Does such a thing exist? :confused:

Thanks.

Bob

Here's what I have:

http://bigjon.com/store/list.asp?SubTypeID=3&ProductID=148

I have 2 of the same rod holders that i used in a Big Jon track system. Can you tell me what the inside dimension and thickness of the plate for the burts/traxtech system is? They look to be similar.

If they are not similar dimensions the guys at Big Jon could easily fab a plate to that size.

Not the cheapest route, but traxstech sells a 3 inch riser that fits the track and is 4"x4" to fit the ball cradle and you could mount your rod holders to the cradle. I bought the 6" track with the rail mount and 3inch riser for one of my down riggers, so it will work for you if you want to go that way. I will take a pic for you tonight and post it up for you.

I don't have any track with me right now. It's in Mi, I'm in IL. I will look into it when I get back up there in a couple of weeks. Unless someone else can give us a measurement, perhaps? Thanks Sean, for the other option too.

Bob

The problem with the rod holders is how they mount. The stud goes through the ball cradle. It won't fit in the track without mounting to a plate with a riser that I can see. Here is a couple of pics to give you and idea. Pics aren't the greatest as its raining out. Sucks I don't have my cover on the boat either:mad:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vitalidle/004.jpg"]004.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/vitalidle/003-1.jpg"]003-1.jpg

Bert's and Traxtech are 3 in wide and just under 1/4 in plate thickness. I am most likely going to make more of my own stuff for my tracks. I am building a new set of rod trees later this month can't see spending 150 or more each for what amounts to 30 to 40 bucks worth of material. I know they have fancy plating that I won't have.

the problem with those rod holders is that the (stud) extends down threw the mounting plate so it will be tough to get them into the tracks unless you make the base thick probabaly atleast a half inch thick with a counter sunk bottom with channeled sides to allow them to still go in the tracks,not sure if this helps but if ya want i will try to draft out what i believe will work.i can see it i just can't explain it

Edited by Tad Pole
spell check

Thanks Randy. I understand what you're saying. I saw something like it today. I stopped at Marine General, in Duluth today on the way home and they had an adapter for the driftmasters holders. As you said though, they weren't nearly thick enough and were not recessed, but they were threaded. Oh well, I might have to see if i can find someone to fab some for me.

Thanks

Bob

Big Jon also makes rod holders that do not have a stud sticking out the bottom. Their downrigger rod holders have the stud sticking out the bottom. The singles I have, have 2 small screw holes in the bottom of them. I attached them to a 4 x 4 aluminum plate and mounted them flush on the sides of my boat.