Muskegon Salmon Shootout July 10-12

GLF

There are lots of rummors going around that this tournament is not happing this year. People assumed, when Cabelas pulled out, that the tournament would not happen. There is plenty of backing without Cabelas, and this tournament is happening this year.

The MSA website is "suppose" to be updated this week.

• 4 weeks later...

I am in it now and want to say Thanks to Joel who waived the late entry fee because my son is flying in from Afganistan to fish it with me. He has wanted to fish a tournament with me for years but has always been deployed. The last time he was home in the summer was on a non tournament weekend. So it looks like I get a week to fish with my son and my grand daughter. Really can't afford to do it but every now and then you have to say WTF and go for it, this is one I am not going to miss.

i"ll be there... they better not cancel it, my brother is flying up from Florida to fish it with me.. all i know is the fishing better pick up or it will be a tough day on the water trying to pull off 10 fish!

I wonder if there is a award for the most miles traveled to fish this if so I think my son should win that he left Afganistan Sat was in Dallas this morn and should be landing in Anchorage as I type this. Wed morn he gets on a plane to come here my guess is he will have close to 20,000 miles on him by the time we fish this weekend. To bad the military does not give out frequent flyer miles he has been around the world 6 or 7 times now.

Hey guys I just found this the 333 can be fished as a stand alone event at Muskegon and several other ports this year. So here is a chance to go out and grab a few of them bigger fish lurking out front without paying the big money to enter the full tourney. http://www.tournamenttrail.net/333only.htm

Well any how hope to see a few of you at the Captains meeting Fri night. Have no clue where I am gonna find 20 fish this weekend but sure am gonna try.