another one of my dumb questions

I want to understand fishing reports :confused:,it may say ---

"we started at the ##'s and trolled to the ##'s ,we hooked in ##FOW"

I know what FOW is but what are the other numbers in reference to?

sometimes it says "## line".

Is there a lingo page somewhere?:o

thanks,

GTR

i will usually say something like...im in 130fow trolling north to the 16s....

George, the 16s is reference to the decimal minutes on your GPS. If Fishsniffer were fishing out of Muskegeon then his GPS Latitude would be reading N43deg 16'. I've heard it on the radio a couple of ways, with Latitude and FOW or Latitude/Longitude. Again, both are the decimal minute readings on your GPS.

The only dumb question is the one that goes unasked. Nuff said.:)

I used to think the same thing but talking to these guys will help big time. Some things seem so natural to some guys after 30 years of fishing but we all gotta get started somehwere. I am at that starting point. If ur asking there is 5 people thinking the same wihout posting. Ask away!!!!!!

BTW-My quote just makes me laugh. The only stupid question is the one that does not get asked.

Here is a portion of a report I found yesterday on another forum. You just about gotta be a math wiz to follow this one.:lol:

"Water cooled off up north along the bank, 41deg 50 down, started to warm up at 58.4 on the 33 line and by 58.2 it was 48deg down 50ft. This warmer pool stretched from the 30.5 to the 35's and 58.2 to 56's where it started to cool off again. 3 good stretches of water today, 33 line from 58.4 to 59.4 working it north and south, although this water was not good for me. 35 line in the 56's until the the wind died and the water went glassy, then the fish disappeared. Trolling in to the pier head from 30.5 to the 29 line straight out we hit 8 fish while pulling lines, here the water was colder at 20ft down than in the 34's 70 ft down.":confused::confused:

Once I pulled my depth map out and marked the areas, it makes complete sense. My map with the Lat/Lon scale is as valuable as my GPS.