Weatherman job wanted

Went out for what turned out to be a evening cruise in the slop tonight not going to call it a fishing trip cause we never got lines set. Weather report said NE winds 10 to 15 mph 1 to 2 ft waves hit the lake to find NW winds 15 to 20 plus and waves closer to 3 to 5 ft. So headed out into the cement mixer with my brother and his girlfriends kid quartering into the waves not a fun trip and a bit wet at times. Perhaps I should learn to slow down but I just wanted to get out and fish. So my wife was not enjoying the boat ride and said I should take her back to the dock several times in a language I won't use here I finally backed off and tried to set up in 115 ft and while the wife was better the kid my brother brought was now a pale green. I went to set some lines and he went to feed the gophers the waves kept tripping my dipseys and I watched Vince run in and called him on the radio he said he had 2 fish and most of his charter was green and chumming so he was done for the day. I put it up for a vote and we decided to just call it a evening boat ride. So where do I sign up to be a weatherman apparently it requires very little skill read a few charts and make a good guess and even if you are totally wrong you still get paid. Any how not sure if I will try and get out tomorrow or not the forecast is good if you can believe it not sure if I can believe it though.

Similar situation this am. Headed out of Muskegon, even checked the forcast before I left ... 1' or less was the prediction. Wind was not too bad until shortly after we got set up. The wind began picking up out of the east ... lets just say it was a long, wet, COLD ride coming back in.

Any how not sure if I will try and get out tomorrow or not the forecast is good if you can believe it not sure if I can believe it though.

Good??????? It was a cement mixer out there again today. It was every bit of 3-5' waves. I took one over the bow today while trolling today that splashed off my windshield and up over my top. :eek: 1 foot or less my ass! :angry2:

Similar situation this am. Headed out of Muskegon, even checked the forcast before I left ... 1' or less was the prediction. Wind was not too bad until shortly after we got set up. The wind began picking up out of the east ... lets just say it was a long, wet, COLD ride coming back in.

I was out of Muskegon this morning also.

Yep is why I slept in and looked at the web cam shortly after sunup saw those white frothy things on top of the waves and knew it was more than 1ft. Maybe they just measure the foam on top of the waves. Funny the south data buoy said .3 ft wave height I think they need to recalibrate that one. On the bright side been watching a Deadliest Catch marathon sorted some gear on the boat and relined a couple of reels so ready to fish again with all the rods now. Even put in some time on my Bow flex so ready for a few big ones. Been reminding everyone I want a Autopilot for my birthday but not looking good so far most likely another card and socks as usual. At least you guys got to go enjoy a nice calm day on the water LOL