Muskegon 22 & 23 May

We went up to Muskegon after I picked up my oldest from school Friday to do a little prefishing before the GLFTT event on Saturday. My two sons and I were joined by Glen.

We fished from 6-8:30pm on Friday and ended up 3 for 5.

We caught 2 fish, and lost 1 on a full core with a Stinger stingray size Killer Dolphin.

We caught 1 fish and lost 1 on a half core with a Stinger stingray size Craigs x-mas.

The fish we lost on a full core was Hunters(my oldest) knocked off with the net, and Hunter was upset. :angry2: Glen netted a fish on Saturday and Hunter said "Im glad Glen did not knock this one off with the net also". :lol:

On Saturday, it was my sons, Glen, Mark(Just Hook'n), and myself.

We ended the day 10 for 11.

3 Lake Trout

2 Steelhead

8 Kings

We shut down in 100FOW and started setting lines at 6am. We worked the waters between 115 - 135FOW all day long.

Our 9 rod morning spread consisted of Stinger NITROS on 3 riggers with sliders(set at 40', 50', and 60,) 2 full cores, and 2 half cores, and 2 wire divers with Stinger echip flashers and Siggs Rigs flies. After it became light, we switched over to a daytime spread.

What worked for us:

Half core with a Stinger stingray size NITRO Citrus

Full core with a Stinger stingray size Killer Dolphin

Stinger Protroll prochip 8 flasher(Mountain Dew color) with a Siggs Rigs Green Apple trophy fly on a wire diver set on 3 with 150' of line out.

Stinger Protroll prochip 8 flasher(Double Pearl fishscale color) with a Siggs Rigs Brushed Stainless trophy fly on a wire diver set on 3 with 160' of line out.

Slider on a rigger set at 60' with a Stinger stingray size Lemon Ice.

Full core with a Stinger mag size Blue Dolphin

Rigger set at 60' with a Stinger stingray size Green Dolphin

Some of these caught multiple fish.

100_1893_287361.jpg

Here are the results from the tournament.

Nice job Mike and crew, especially the up and coming fishermen! Any one that has fished the great lakes very long has had the experience of knocking at least one fish off with the net. It happens even to us old timers! Keep it up guys!

Duane

I had a great weekend. Thanks again Mike. Always a pleasure fishing with you and the boys. MAN was that funny when hunter made fun of Glen. Don't worry Glen, I have knocked off plenty in my time too. Great looking board from Don and good looking fish.

Good job Mike. We also fished there on Sat. out of Muskegon. We went 9 for 19. Had a rookie on board. Our hottest spoons were stinger mag mongoose on the riggers. Wire divers and 300 copper with blue and green dolphin took most of the fish. The kings averaged 13 to 15 lbs. We fished north in 122' of water

Good job Mike. We also fished there on Sat. out of Muskegon. We went 9 for 19. Had a rookie on board. Our hottest spoons were stinger mag mongoose on the riggers. Wire divers and 300 copper with blue and green dolphin took most of the fish. The kings averaged 13 to 15 lbs. We fished north in 122' of water

Nice job Eric! I was to the North working the same depth water. How far to the North were you?

Nice catch guys. Hunter is a great little guy to have one a boat. I got the pleasure of fishing on the glf last summer, with hunter and you never here a complaint out of the little guy and he does whatever dad ask. you keep on the net hunter. Dad always said you cant make an omlet without breaking a few eggs.

How far north and south of Muskegon do the nets go and how deep are they set? Thanks for the help.

Ryno

I have not been south yet this year, but have heard there are nets to the south.

I have only came accross one set of nets to the North so far. The North nets are about 1.5 miles North, and run from 80-120FOW. If you stay in 130FOW, you will clear them.

Thanks for making your first post! :thumb: The first one is the tough one.