5/21 South Haven on the Bald Eagle

Cleared the pierheads at about 7:45 AM took a 300 degree bearing and ran to 90, started to set lines the first rigger set @ 35 was set turned to set the next and had a nice king about 14# on came on a lemon Ice stinger, got the rest of the down riggers set and the other rigger set @ 40' went another nice 12# king, carmel dolphin. Finally got all four dn riggers set and were putting out a 5 color lead core and the next fish came on rigger set at 45' smaller king around 10# on green dolphin. Got the rest of the lines set, 300' copper on a board had a Monkey Puke silver and carmel on that one, 4 color with a pearl glow stinger mag, full core with NBK. Got a little slow until free slider on rigger set 45' went off, fish came unbuttoned befor we got it to the boat. Then the free slider blue dolphin on rigger set 65 went, lake trout on lemon ice regular stinger. Big king hit 5 color and broke off the 5 core at the backing, then the 4 color went, 5# steelhead on the pearl glow stinger mag, boated that one and got back on the program and hit another steelhead on the same rig. (both steelhead were natural reproduction fish had all thier fins in tact) Finished up the day with a small king on the 300' copper monkey Puke, and followed up with a 19.3# King on the 4 color with the pearl glow stinger. Lost 4 fish 2 on freesliders and 2 on the full core. 8 for 12 on a day that ended at 12:30 P.S Pics are in the gallery section but I am a computer dummy like most old guys and haven't figured it out yet.

5-21-09_south_haven_on_the_bald_eagle_002.jpg

5-21-09_south_haven_on_the_bald_eagle_003.jpg

5-21-09_south_haven_on_the_bald_eagle_001.jpg

5-21-09_south_haven_on_the_bald_eagle_008.jpg

5-21-09_south_haven_on_the_bald_eagle_004.jpg

Edited by GLF
Added pictures.

Gregs slip is just across the parking lot from the River Bend Boat club and as of today he has not got it in the water gotta give the boy grief.

I thought he was putting it in this week. :confused: Looks like he is going to miss out on the best fishing out of South Haven again. :rolleyes:

A big thanks to Rollie Eckhart for the trip on his 36' Chris Craft, u gotta have Auto-Pilot it was very windy and waves were 2 to 4' and it worked like a charm only lost control twice or so in a days fishing. This was only his 2nd trip since installing the Auto-pilot and I was very impressed.

Supertramp

Hay. I'm just waiting for the fishing to cool down before i put my boat in. Nice catch Mike. Anytime you go fishing with the Bald Eagle, Its got to be a fun time. Thanks for the fishing report. I hope to have my boat in the water Memorial day or Tuesday. don't tell the fish!

Hey guys just a P.S> All of the fish came in the top of the water column, 4color, 5color, riggers at 35,40 and 45, and on rigger at 65 with free slider fish hit the slider. The others came on 300'of copper and 2 on a full core all between 90 and 120 FOW north of the piers up to about Glen.