torpedo downrigger weights

I had posted a reply about torpedo downrigger weights and I got alot of responces.Has anyone bought these? Im looking for an evaluation on these b4 I buy these.Any help would be appreciated if they really help with blowback, im hoping to upgrade my 8lb finned to these in 10lb to track deeper and straight down.But being laid off money is tight, Im hoping someone out there has tried these and can give a review if they are worth the money?

I haven't used the torpedo weights, but I just bought ridgeback rattlers and I really like them. They are pricey, but they are worth it to me. I will have to get a pick of the weights and how they show up on the fishfinder.

thanks tltorrice for reply ill order 2 tuesday.I saw someone else posted same topic 12hrs after me and everyone is responding to that one,but it seems they are woth the investment so i will try 2 and if i like them ill purchase 2 more.Have a great holiday weekend to all !!!

I made some 10 pound shark balls this past winter and i ran them a couple of weeks ago for the first time. in comparison they have about the same blow back as a 12 pound true trac ball maybe slightly less but i like them and they will be a permanent fixture from now on.

• 3 weeks later...
I had posted a reply about torpedo downrigger weights and I got alot of responces.Has anyone bought these? Im looking for an evaluation on these b4 I buy these.Any help would be appreciated if they really help with blowback, im hoping to upgrade my 8lb finned to these in 10lb to track deeper and straight down.But being laid off money is tight, Im hoping someone out there has tried these and can give a review if they are worth the money?

Are you talking about the torpedo weights that were just advertised in GLA Mag. These connect direct to your line between the lure and rod. Or is there another kind of torpedo weight that is for the downrigger?