Port Sheldon 5-15-09 night

Great night in Port Sheldon with my father and buddy Ryan. Ended up 8 for 12.

Lost the first two on 5 color mag carmel dolphin in about 150fow on a ENE troll. I was worried that this was going to be a bad night.

Decided to come in as water temp was not good.

135fow, 65 on rigger with mag nuclear waste went twice on NE troll.

Went again at 130fow, same lure on the rigger. By this time we had torn the stripe off the lure.

4th fish was in 100 fow on full core mag green dolphin with 4oz dive bomb. NE troll.

5th was 100 fow 65 down on rigger mag green dolphin. N troll.

6th was 110 fow 65 donw on rigger, hit the slider killer dolphin stingray.NW troll.

Lost the next two. 5 color on that same carmel dolphin. And YES MIKE, I sharpened the hooks. Twice. dipsey with nbk flasher and green fly set on 3 150 back. W troll

7th was 140fow rigger 65 down, you guessed it mag nuclear waste (even with no tape on it). W troll.

8th fish was 140fow on 5 color mag glo xmas W troll. Actually this was the 7th fish, but the double came in quicker on the rigger. only after the sob cut by full core with a dive bomb off going from side to side.

Largest fish were just under 12lbs. Smallest were 5lbs.

If you must know. I, the captain of the ship, lost all 4 fish. No one else lost fish. :mad:

100_4995_thumb.jpg

Way to go Mark. We were not as fortunate last night. Ended up 1 for 3, had my share of downrigger wraps that kept giving me fits. Some ding a ling decided to put the walker releases on upside down and they really don't like that much. Green dolphin 65' down 95 FOW. Lost one on a 1 color core double orange crush, lost another on the last rod in the water as I was pulling lines, Popped it and let it rise up slow as I brought the rigger up. Something hit it on the surface and was there for ~5 seconds, then gone. Need to get more mag spoons.