Muskegon 15 May - 13 for 16

I took today off work because we did not have a baby sitter. Since I took the day off work....I might as well go fishing. I decided I would keep Hunter out of school today, and my boys would go with me. :P We were joined by a Dan(coworker) and his son Blake.

We left the dock around 7:45 and motored out to 80FOW and I started setting lines. Before I had everything in the water, we were hooked up with a nice fish on a slider set 5' above the ball on a rigger set at 40'. After I handed the rod off to Dan, the slider broke. :( This was a Stinger stingray size Craigs x-mas.

Our next fish was on a full core with a Stinger mag size Green Wiggle. This fish came unbuttoned half way to the boat. 0 for 2 :(

We trolled around picked away for the next 1.5 hours. Around 11:30 I put the boat on a North troll in 130 FOW, and 15 minutes later the rods started popping. We had a triple going and a downrigger popped, but no one was home. We landed 2 out of the 3 fish in this triple.

We continued trolling North picking up a couple of more. Then I spun the boat back around to go back through the spot where we caught the triple. On our way through it again, we picked up and landed another double. :Thumb.

My son Hunter caught his biggest fish to date today. It weight 16 lbs 14 oz. This was on a half core with a Stinger stingray size Craigs X-Mas.

chinook_799561.jpg

Here are the boys and our catch today.

boys_519957.jpg

We caught 7 Kings(6 over 10 lbs)

1 Coho

2 Steelhead

3 Lake Trout

chinooks.jpg

We pulled lines at 1:30pm and went in.

What worked for us today.

Stinger stingray size Craigs X-Mas(went 4 times)

Stinger mag size Killer Dolphin

Stinger mag size Killer Blue Dolphin

Stinger stingray size Double Orange Crush

Stinger mag size Green Wiggler

Stinger stingray size NBK

2 color cores, 3 color cores, half cores, full cores, riggers set at 40' 50' and 60'.

We also caught 2 fish on a wire diver. This was set on 3 with 150' of line out. These were both taken on a Protroll prochip8 Double Pearl Fishscale with a Siggs Rigs Brushed Stainless trophy fly(This is a GREAT looking fly and will produce fish!)

Oh yeah.....After we netted one of the steelhead, I noticed some mono coming out of its mouth. I looked inside and there was a chartreuse spawn bag inside. :eek:

Hunter, very nice job on getting the BIG fish today!!!!! 16+ lbs WOW!!!! :D:D If I know you, you picked out the lure he would hit too :grin: CONGRATS Hunter and NICE JOB Mike and your crew!!!!!! :D:D

Nice box of fish. Sure was a great day on the water today. After getting a late start and had to be off the lake early I ended up 6 for 10 all kings over 10 lbs. found the fish just when it was time to go. 120 fow was where i caught all my fish. I took most of the fish with a 17 color core with a sitnger stingray killer blue. Glad I had first timer on the boat:) maybe next time he will be on time and not make me wait on him.

High 5 Hunter! You'll be outfishin the old man before you know it! :)

Like my Dad always says "You know your getting old when your puttin on your waders and your son is already in your favorite fishin hole."

Nice Job all around!

I remeber when to this day the first time i played hooky with my dad and went fishing with him and a couple friends. And Hunter i too caught the biggest fish and that is when it all started. Way to go and keep up the good work:D