Chamberlain Releases

Is anyone using these releases? I bought 3 to try out this year. If there is anyone who is using them give me some feedback on setting them up, and if you like them over other releases. Thanks.

It looks like a Blacks release.

i017675sn02.jpg

They work well, simply put 3-4 twist in your line and hook the loop over the opened release. The thumb screw adjust the tenshion. The great thing with this type of release is; you can load the rod heavy without popping the release. (the upward pressure doesn't open it)

is this the one you have?

front_package.jpg

backimage.gif

Sean,

They are IMHO the best release out there right now. I have used them since last spring, from Bt's right up to kings. I have used them from 5' down to 150', and have never had a small fish come up without it tripping the release. I can crank my rods right down to the water, and still have a small shaker release it like a king. I used to run roemers for over 15 years, and now have sold everyone I have. Like was said before, twist the line 10-15 times and lock it into the release. I have my upper adjustment tight, so I can crank the rods right down, a lot less line blow back than other releases. Depending what fish I after is how I adjust the bottom setting. For kings in the late summer early fall I tighten it right down to drive those hooks home on the release. most other times of the year I am running about 1 pound tension, but will up it when I know the kings are in the area. Once you get them set, they are one of the easiest to use. Good Luck, and if you have any questions, the owner Keith will answer any questions you have.

Rich

Yep Ken thats the one:) That many line twists eh! Thats good to know I will do that. So you recommend to crank down the top adjuster? Makes sense if you want to crank down the rod. It took me a bit to figure out how the release works, or how I think it works!lol. So the horizontal adjustment crank it right down for kings, or is it better to lighten it up some for the shakers? Should I just start out half way and tighten up as I go? Thanks can't wait to put them to use!

Sean,

I would start with it about half way, you should have not false releases due to the rod. If you are running into some smaller shakers then you might want to loosen it up a tad. Once you get it where you want it, you are all set. I do not tighten mine up until August, that is when the jaws on the matures really start to get hard. you do not need to twist it that many times, but if it makes you feel better you can. I usually go 6-10 max, never had a problem with it slipping, so far, knock on wood.

Rich

Thanks Rich I will give that a shot! Dan I don't see why it wouldn't work as a slider as well. They are quite a bit larger then the blacks release though. I probobly would stick with the blacks release for sliders at half the price.

If you take out the wire they could be used as a slider, but you would have to attach them to the cable before termination. I am hearing that he may be producing and actual slider release, I will be fishing with Keith in 2 weeks and will ask if this is the case. Worth the extra $$$ IMHO, Good Luck.

Rich

I ran the releases for the first time last night, and so far Im happy with them. I didn't catch anything off the riggers, but it sure was nice to crank the rod tips down without the release popping! More feedback to come as I fish with them more.