2009 Stinger Challenge - Saginaw Bay * CANCELLED *

GLF

Stinger Challenge

stinger.jpg

13 June 2009

Blow date - 14 June 2009

DNR launch at the AuGres River Mouth, Augres, MI

What is the Stinger Challenge?

The Stinger Challenge is a fishing event with everyone on the same playing field. Everyone receives the EXACT SAME lure package at a discounted price! Everyone is limited to having no more than 6 lines in the water at one time. This gives the person with 3 people in the boat the same chance as someone with 4 people in the boat. The lures in your lure package are the only lures you are allowed to use. If you loose one or all of your baits, you are not allowed to replace it/them with another lure from your box.

What does is cost to fish in the event?

There are two costs associated with this event. One is the entry fee for the event($30.00($5.00 go's toward big fish pot)), and the other is the cost of your lure package($35.00). The total cost is $65.00

What does the lure package consist of.

The lure package will consist of:

4 Scorpion Spoons

6 eChip Crawler Harnesses

1 Hat

This lure package and hat would normally cost over $65.

Lure packages must be paid for by 30 May.

What color are the baits in the lure package?

I will post a picture of this years lure package when I receive the lures from Stinger.

Can I just pay for the discounted lure package and not fish in the event?

Absolutely not!

If you do not show up for the event, your lure package will be DONATED as a prize at the event, and your money WILL NOT be refunded. In the event you sign up for the challenge and can not make it, you may try to find someone to fish in your place.

When will I get my lure package?

I will have everyones lure package in a bag at the DNR launch at the AuGres River Mouth, the morning of the event. When the entry fee for the event is paid, you will get your lure package.

Fishing Event Rules:

1. You must be checked in by 5:30am to get your lure package.
  2. You are only allowed to fish the lures that are in your lure package. If you are caught fishing with a lure that is not in your package, you will be disqualified.
  3. You are not allowed to alter the appearance of a crawler harness or spoon in your lure package. ie...no adding/removing tape, or adding paint. You may change the hooks.
  4. You may not add another crawler harness that is not part of your lure package behind a spoon, or crawler harness.
  5. You may use live bait.
  6. If you loose one or all of your baits, you are not allowed to replace it/them with another lure(s) from your box.
  7. You may not set a line before 6am
  8. You may not have more than 6 lines in the water at a time. If you are caught with more than 6 lines in the water, you will be disqualified.
  9. You must be checked back in at DNR launch at the AuGres River Mouth by 1pm. If you are not checked in by 1pm, you will be disqualified. Make sure you have enough time for possible congestion at the boat ramp.
  10. Weigh-in will start at 1:00pm.
  11. There is no limit to the amount of people in your boat.
  12. You may not have in your possession more than a 3 person limit.
  13. You may only weigh in 5 walleye.
  14. All fish weighed in must be legal length. All fish will be measured at weigh in. If you weigh a fish that is not legal length, it will not be counted, and your biggest fish will be pulled from your box also.
  15. Make sure you know which fish is your big fish before you come to the scales. NO CHECKING AT THE SCALES.
  16. In the event of a tie for most weight, biggest fish will determine winner.
  17. In the even of a tie for biggest fish, biggest box will determine winner.
  18. If your boat breaks and you can not make it in by check in time, you may bring your cooler in another boat to weigh-in. Someone from your crew needs to accompany it.
  19. All boats/coolers will be checked at the Au Gres City Park before the tournament begins.
  20. Everyone must sign a release waiver.

stinger.jpg

Teams entered so far.

1. Priorty1
  2. JWheeler
  3. dbellor

All of the lure packages need to be paid for by 30 May 2009.

If you think you might want to fish this, please sign up asap so I can get you the payment information.

• 2 weeks later...

Reasons for lack of interest.

1. They fear Priority1

2. They fear JWheeler

3. They fear dbellor

4. They fear Razbury

5. Some of the MS gang don't want to sign on here. ????? Last year it was open to MS members also.

6. There is definitely more interest in this site, from the W. side of the Sate, than there is from the East.

7. What needs to be done to correct number 6???:confused:

Sorry to here this I would have loved to try it sometime but honestly to far to tow the boat for me to fish a place I know nothing about. Add in the fact I have not caught a dozen Walleye in the last 20 years combined and that is why I did not consider signing up. Perhaps if I chased Walleye again like I did years ago it would be differant but the last 7 or 8 Walleye I caught were by accident cause when I fish for em I can't ever find em. Sorry others did not sign up one of these days I need to get over there and get reaqainted with the Walleye.

Reasons for lack of interest.

1. They fear Priority1

2. They fear JWheeler

3. They fear dbellor

4. They fear Razbury

5. Some of the MS gang don't want to sign on here. ????? Last year it was open to MS members also.

6. There is definitely more interest in this site, from the W. side of the Sate, than there is from the East.

7. What needs to be done to correct number 6???:confused:

I take full responsibility for this not getting off the ground this year.

I got a very late start at putting this together. I am starting the new tournament trail and most of my weekends are busy. Between my family, the and the new seriers, I dont really have time to do it this year.

I did not promote it on other websites. I do not make a penny for running this. It actually costs me money to run it. I only do it as a benifit for the members here. The way I see it, if someone wanted to fish in it, they need to be a member here!

I will work on the walleye part of this site to make it more appealing to the walleye fisherman. Hopefully this will get more East siders.

Mike

Normally i would jump at the chance to fish this tournament, but the way things are going i just dont know that ill have the time. Im laid off right now and would have all the time in the world, but ive been busy helping my good friend with his farming since he is so far behind with the wet spring. Otherwise id be fishing like crazy right now and would gladly participate. I know full well this would be a great time. Members here are extremely good folks who are always willing to lend a hand. When you have folks like that, it can only result in a great event. Looking forward to next years event, hopefully ill be able to participate in that one.

I think its a great service you do Mike...Much appreciated.;):cool:

the walleye part is also appealing to me...as you know muskegon is an awesome walleye fishery in and of itself...i would love to do a little more but i am not very skilled at it...(or salmon fishing for that matter)i would like to see more feed back on the walleye part.

Well, this is no good. I think there were yet people who hadn't expressed the desire to fish this, but put it off. I would have loved to see this happen, as it was absolutely a great time last year. Enough crying :tomato:. I put this event on 4 different sights and didn't generate the interest I thought it would.

It would be nice if people could show up and pay. Unfortunately....the lure packages needed to be paid in advance. The deadline for getting the money in on time was May 30th. I held off on sending the payment information to those who had signed up because I wanted to make sure there was enough interest to do it.