19 Strand Wire

I finally got around to spooling this up and using the new 19 strand wire yesterday. I have this spooled on a non-roller rod and without a twill tip. I am living dangerously by not using a roller rod and twill tip. The only way to find out if it will work like this is to test it, and that is what I am doing.

I ran a #1 diver with a mag ring as a deep diver in 3-5' waves yesterday without any issues. Unfortunately, the fishing was slow for us and we did not catch any fish on it. :(

This line is very limber and easy to tie a knot with. I unhooked the dipsey without reeling the line all the way to the tip, and the swivel just dangled in the air without and line twist issues I see with the 7 strand.

From the little I have used it, I like this lne.

Am I going to change the 7 strand wire line on my roller rods over to the 19 strand?

I am going to run this line the rest of the season before I make this decission.

I am running the 7 strand on regular ceramic eye rods without twilli tip. I have seen a few people say they have 3 summers on this setup without any issues. I have had 2 fish on and 1 nice one so far without any wear. I will keep you all posted as to how I make out. By the way the rods are 25 dollar eagle claw starfire rods.