Priority1 Shakedown Cruise and Walleye action.

I have been out two times before this but Priority1 waited patiently in the garage. Everything checked out fine except the idle speed. I had to turn it up just a touch, which is no chore at all on the water. We managed to pick up 5 walleye between 2-1/2 and 3-1/2 pounds, before the N wind built and shut things down. Bouncers and Meat. 27-30 FOW and 15-18 FOW. 0.8 to 1.3 SOG We started late about 10AM. Paperboy for the MS site fished with me. Paperboy got his limit, I just failed to get mine.:)

I was tired when we made it back to my favorite port on the AuGres River. I pulled Priority1 one partially up the ramp but failed to have the outdrive up. OUCH!!! SOG!!!:angry2: I slightly damaged one prop blade. I think I'll put a RED sign on the port and starboard exit points, to remind me to raise the drive. (DRIVE) or (OUTDRIVE) should do the trick. I have done dumber things than this.:) I thought I'd post this to maybe save someone else from doing the same.:) Anything can, and will distract you. Some stick on letters or a little paint, may save you a red face, and a few $$$. I have another prop, and Jim's Prop Shop in Standish will fix the damaged one good as new.:)

It's always nice to turn that key the first time in the spring. Even better when you put some fish in the box. Good start to the season Frank!

I guess I don't feel so bad then, first time out unloading I couldn't figure out why it was so difficult to get the boat off the trailer, finally did and when I walked around back, there were the cut ends of my tie down straps that had finally broken off. Duhhh

I came up with an idea for the reminder sign near the port and starboard exits. I think I'll just print a picture of a propeller, and make a stencil and paint it on. This will be a reminder to check things especially the outdrive before I exit the boat. A red prop should draw my attention. A no cost solution to a potentially expensive problem.