Fished a south haven steelheaders tournament with Dirty Dog and my neighbor. Left peir heads a little past 6:00 then we motored north just a little short of mount baldy.Set lines around 7:30 on a southerly troll between 90fow to 125 fow. Had first hook up around 8:30 kept pulling board out on the full core with 3 ounces of lead in front of the core( stinger NBK Mag) = Lost fish. Next fish around 9:30 same rig, 6 pound king. Next fish, 6 pound steelhead on 2.5 colors with Brads thin fin. Final fish 5.5 pound pooper( That took first place for Lake trout) on half core with a Stinger possibly. Over all Fishing was really slow. Due to the water being 47 to 51 steelhead were being caught close to shore. Bigest Steelhead that was caught in the tournament was 13 pounds. Thanks Dirty Dog for crewing with me today!

Just pray to the fish gods that fishing will be better soon.

We places somewhere mid to upper in weight in the weight class. We ended up around 19 pounds and the winner had around 32 pounds. I don't think we did too bad considering we had more fish than some of the charter pro's. Fishing just plain sucks now. Better fishing days to look foward to.