Raymarine sportpilot plus??

I have had no luck so I hope someone on here can help.

A friend of mine has a Raymarine Sportpilot Plus autopilot Model A12020 that the clutches and/or belt is worn and need replaced. Problem is he called Raymarine and they discontinued that model and no longer can get parts for it. Anyone know where one could get parts? I have searched every place I could think of with no luck.

Thanks

Parts are pretty hard to find for that unit. Maybe you could find a used one and use it for parts. Thats what I did. I have a complete head unit thats just missing the on/off switch.

The spare that I have is not the plus model, but the parts are interchangable.

If your buddy is interested I would be willing to sell it. Clutch and belt are fine. Let me know

Clair

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Can anyone help me get the right belts for the sport pilot plus. Raymarine told me to send the unit in, so i did. Now they say they dont know why someone told me to send it in cuz they dont work on them anymore. They cant even tell me the part number of the belts which i think is a real kick in the ass. Can anyone help me? They still have the unit and are sending it back, so i dont even have it back yet. They have had it for a month w/o contacting me. They are very disappointing.

Jim

I doubt you will find parts for it. I know that some people have resorted to buying units for parts. I personally have one on my boat right now and it doesn't work that great. I'll probably change it out this winter with a newer autopilot

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...