Pictured Rocks Trout & Salmon Classic

A-Fishy-Anado

This is an awfully long way for most of you on this site, but we are holding our annual trout & salmon spring classic memorial day weekend in the U.P. of michigan on lake superior. Generally about a 50 boat tournament.

A Big thank you to Michigan Stinger, Big Jon Sports & Pro-troll who have all helped put this whole thing together.

For more information, click here. http://algercounty.org/5th%20Annual%20trout%20salmon%20classic2.pdf

Now if you'd have in near 4th of July I'd be there and I'd stay awhile as well but Can't travel that far with the boat in tow for a fishing weekend.

But darn nice idea though... wishin I could get there, I might catch one or two...

Us trolls are not tough enough to fish that one. BRRRRRRR :D

You are right on with the BRRRRRRRR Frank.....everyone is dodging icebergs out there right now!!

Now if you'd have in near 4th of July I'd be there and I'd stay awhile as well but Can't travel that far with the boat in tow for a fishing weekend.

But darn nice idea though... wishin I could get there, I might catch one or two...

That would be a tough haul pulling that monster...sure is a nice boat though!!

This place is the "Dead Sea" after mid june. We jump ports to northern lake michigan around that time. Nothing but fat nasty greasers left...might catch one or two of them.

If you are coming up i can definitely get you some coordinates and put you on more lake trout than anyone could ever handle about 7 miles off of grand portal which is in the pictured rocks. You may pick up some stray salmon but don't count on it to be truthful:(

That sounds great get me some coordinates and I'll enter them into my chart plotter, and it will let me know when I'm there and getting close. Trout will do, we like to play Catch your meals... when we're out on the boat for vacation.. it can be great of it can be eating cereal for the night..... Get it? My wife is excited about this trip to Lake Superior....

Right here in munising is the best part of lake superior....there are some areas on the north shore that rival it, but i think we have it hands down. Your wife is really going to love the pictured rocks and all around grand island. You might want to think about checking out stannard rock while you are here for the trout though. It is about 50 miles one way trip but they are all native lake trout....none of these fats! If you are not familiar with "the rock" check this out. It is pretty neat....can not even see land while there. Definately have to pick you days though! Been some rough rides back from the rock and it isnt any fun!

http://marinas.com/view/lighthouse/774_Stannard_Rock_Lighthouse_MANITOU_ISLAND_MI

http://www.lighthousefriends.com/light.asp?ID=728