Got a skunk tonight.

Boltman

Well it took a week of waiting, but I finally trapped the skunk that has been destroying my yard. Looks like a small rototiller has hit my yard, but I got her...Trpped her in the live trap , then well shot her, wow what a mistake, that skunk stunk, the last one didin't smell at all and I didn't have to trap it either.Hopefull I don't have anymore..

the first one I took out with a 22, in the dark do you know how hard it is to hit a moving target with a flashlight in one hand and the rifle in the other.... Come on man cut me some slack I missed it one week ago with 5 shots.....But I got it tonight.. man does it smell bad outside...

Ya make me laugh Robert!

My Aunt has Skunk troubles at her resort. When she gets one in her live trap she; covers the trap with a tarp, caries it to the lake, and teaches them how to swim. So far she has only had one hold his breath past the 20 minute mark. It let her know ho much he didn't like his lesson.:eek:

My family has always caught them in the live trap, covered the trap with a blanket, hooked a hose up to the exhaust of a vehicle, and stuck the hose in the trap, and they magically pass away. It is the easiest way for no stinking involved. :)

Congrats on catching that little rascal. Drop in a garbage can full of water. Easy and quiet. No wasting gas either.:lol: We had a prob with ground hogs at work. ;)

Edited by j1musser
grammatical inaccuracies

Spent untold hours hunting at night with a flashlight taped to the barrel of a 22 growing up. Had one with the light switch next to the trigger so you could turn the light on just before you shot. Kept the rats out of the corn cribs and provided us with a fun sport.