Kicker Motor Mount

Well I can't believe the deal I have come across. A few years ago I was working on a job where we needed to bring in a dumpster. The neighbor made arrangements to unload some of his trash. He throws a 9.9 2 stroke longshaft Johnson outboard in there. I asked what was wrong with it, and he really couldn't put his finger on it. Well a good buddy of mine has went through it with a fine tooth comb and she is up and running for $110. I already have the mounting bracket for it which shouldn't be any issue. What I am wondering about is steering. I know there is an arm I can connect from the kicker to my IO, but I am thinking the main can do all the steering. Just looking for some insight from you fellas who have any experience with this sort of thing............

I would think that you can lock the kicker strait and steer with the outdrive, but i doubt youd be able to turn sharply if you wanted to.

Incase that plan doesnt work Jason, check out the EZ Steer. They make a model that attaches from the kicker to the I/O.

Oh yeah, great find on the motor...If you find a 4-6 hp in the dumpster, let me know, im looking for one for my duck boat. Just sold my 9.9 cause it was too big for my needs.

Oh yeah, great find on the motor...If you find a 4-6 hp in the dumpster, let me know, im looking for one for my duck boat. Just sold my 9.9 cause it was too big for my needs.

I do have a 4hp evinrude Light Twin She's Old, but one pull and she's good to go. Recoil need to be fixed and that 's it. Would let her go for a reasonable offer. Used it up and down on the Tittabawassee this weekend. Only forward no reverse.

Not to steal your thread but I was coming home from Ludington the other week and talking to Mike (redeagle) on the phone about fishing the next day. Saw an outboard sitting by the road for sale and asked him if he was still looking for one. Long story short, picked up a 4 1/2 hp Evinrude with self-contained tank that needed a recoil for $200. Pretty good shape, 70's model. I thought it was a good deal, but not as good as yours:D

Jason, trying to turn your vessel running your trolling motor (locked dead ahead) and using your main as a rudder will not achieve the desired results. you maybe able to turn 180* in a mile or so but you will not be happy with the way it turns, your outdrive does not have enough rudder authority to turn the boat effectively. your boat turns mainly by vectoring the prop thrust and not using the skeg and the rest of the drive as a rudder. many i know use the EZ-steer and are happy with the results, GOODLUCK!!