Best Port on Lake Ontario

What is the best port on Lake Ontario to fish out of? We are rating by quantity and quality. If you could fish out of any port on the lake....which port would you fish out of and why?

I'll start it off ... My vote is for Wilson NY because that's where I mostly fish out of ;) Seriously - Wilson is a relatively short boat ride from the Niagara Bar & Olcott. Between those three areas you can normally find good concentrations of fish. If all else fails you can fish the inside on the 'Bar for lakers or even head up into the lower Niagara R. during certain times of the year. From what I've experienced and read the greater Wilson area has produced at least the most consistent fishing so far this year.

Check the LOC derby leader boards from this year and past years, a lot of board fish being caught there. IMHBO (In my humble, biased, opinion) :D

DAN

I think we need some of the Canadian boaters to answer this one. There are definitly some big fish caught out of port dalhousie(st catharines) and port credit(Toronto)

Keep in mind that these ports are aproxiametly 25 miles apart by water.

Are we rating ports by the fishing, or the amenities and ease of use?

Are we rating ports by the fishing, or the amenities and ease of use?

We are rating by quantity and quality. If you could fish out of any port on the lake....which port would you fish out of and why?

• 1 month later...

I have to add at what time of the season,not one port is on fire throughout spring/fall.

Spring fishing off St.Catherines,early summer off Oshawa,late summer off Scarborough,fall off Port Credit & Bronte areas.

Have to follow the fish........................ :scare2: