Double on Lake Michigan

GLF

This was a double we had today on Lake Michigan. These were both full cores that went at the same time. We landed both lake trout and released them because they are out of season.

84-ELeFIlUY

Nice job Mike, good to see some folks got out, was storming here this am.

It was stormy on the drive to the lake, but nice when we got there. We were the first one out. Another storm came in just before noon. After seeing a bolt lightning go across the sky, we pulled lines.

Looks like a sweet day to be on the big water. I know it is early, but have read a lot reports lately with lake trout in them???? Is this more than normal? Or is there any overabundance of lake trout?

Sweet work Mike!

Looks like a sweet day to be on the big water. I know it is early, but have read a lot reports lately with lake trout in them???? Is this more than normal? Or is there any overabundance of lake trout?

Sweet work Mike!

There are a lot of lake trout around South Haven. I am not sure if this is normal or not. I have not kept any, so I am not sure what they are eating.

Look up the Tourny results for the first 3 Trail events last year was nearly all Lake Trout. They are always in close in during winter and spring feeding and easy to catch is why they are closed. Friday they become legal again till Sept 30th nice job Mike wish I had been with you but had a nice day on the river in the rain.

Cool vid. We hit a few doubles and a triple on Sunday there. No full cores for us. Thats a lot of line.:grin: Was another nice flat day as can be seen. Not another bolt or thunder after that one that sent u guys in. Great day on the lake!:D Glad to see a youngin and dad both on a double.:)