Saturday April 18th Linwood

On Saturday, April 18th, I couldn't get out early as planned, but I did make it out walleye fishing out of Linwood Beach Marina about 4pm. I headed south and started trolling in 13 fow about half way to the Kawkawlin river mouth. We trolled south without success for 30 minutes, then we trolled west directly into the wind, and picked up our first walleye on a orange crawler harness with a one ounce bottom bouncer, trolling at 1 mph. We marked the spot and trolled for another five minutes and turned around. The wind changed from the west to NE and started blowing about 20 - 30 knots. We pulled lines and headed to port. I talked with a buddy who was out there in that vicinity from 9am - 4pm and he pulled in 10 fish using crawler harness's and husky jerks in 14 fow. I passed him in the parking lot - he was leaving as I was arriving. I was checking out the weather report and it is going to be breezy and we will get some rain showers the next few days, but the long range forecast looks good for next weekend. I hope to be out there then.

Capt. Ed

http://www.saginawbay-fishing.com