Big bird down 4-20

DIRTY DOG

all i can say is wow , these thing's never seis to amaze me.

well here's how it went, we went out to one of our spots and set up about 6am ,and as soon as you could start to see the 3 old toms that we had been watching started to gobble ,the only problem is there was someone else watching them in the tree about 200 yd down the feild, and they were sitting in a car you guessed it when they flew down they landed about 50 yd from the road and here came the car , down comes the window and out came the gun , now shot was fired , but THERE WAS A CELL CALL MADE TO THE REPORT ALL POACHING HOT LINE WITH A PLATE NUMBER.

well enough of the ranting ,and on to the story .

we sat there till about noon and they never came back "car or toms"

and i went home for lunch, and decided to go to a differant spot about 5pm and wait for a group of toms to come to the roost.

well to make a long story a little shorter we set up and got in the blind made a few lound yelps and, wala, here came MR BIG 10 min. later to find his girl

, but to his surprise he was met with a 2 1/2 oz. load of 5 shot

from my mighty 10 ga, from a range of 7 yds.

well here's the stats and a pic.

weight 19.9 lbs.

spurs 1 1/8 "

and the beard 11 1/2"

P42002021.jpg

sorry for the pore quality but my old hunting buddy is a little technically challenged.

Nice job, the hunting conditions were tough with the wet weather. Way to hang in there and put a nice one down! Good job on the Rap call too. Did the poacher kill and take the turkey or did they miss?

Nice bird Dirty Dog! Congratulations!!!:cool:

I havent put one down yet. Having some serious hen issues and the south end of the woods getting flooded did not help matters...Came home to attend some funeral services. Heading back down tomorrow to get back after them. I think i may try one of the other farms and see if that doesnt help my luck.

Nice job, the hunting conditions were tough with the wet weather. Way to hang in there and put a nice one down! Good job on the Rap call too. Did the poacher kill and take the turkey or did they miss?

they never shot becouse the birds where to far out, but the gun barrel was out the window

nicely done terry...you must have one of those trophy wives like me who doesnt care too muchhow often you hunt or fish...i think with mine its cus i try to include her as much as possible.....and i take pictures so she knows thats what i was doing:grin: