Ho'ing It Up In South Haven - 4-18-09

We made a last minute change in our plans last night, and decided to head to South Haven and avoid the armada at St. Joseph.

I took my brother, his son, a friend of my brother, and my sons Hunter and Wyatt. We left the dock somewheres around 7am, and pulled lines at 2pm. We ended the day 12 for 12. :thumb: We had 10 coho, and 2 small jacks.

southhaven_539413.jpg

These are the baits that took fish for us today.

baits.jpg

The 4" ProTroll with the Siggs Rigs Blue Green & Gold Crinkle coho candy went twice. The 8" Protroll blue bubble flasher with a Blue & Pearl Crinkle Trophy fly went once. The stingray size glow frog and double orange crush went once. The thin fin went once, the clow colored x-rap went twice.

Everything we got came from 30-54FOW. Downriggers at 15, wire diver on 3 with 75' of line out, 2 and 3 color cores, and high lines behind 100' behind boards. I kept the speed around 3.0 on the gps going North and South today.

I took a picture of the DIRTY DOG, and fishsniffer on the way back in.

DIRTYDOG

dirtydog_711125.jpg

fishsniffer

fishsniffer_507887.jpg

Here is the end result of a hard days work on the lake. YUMMMYYY!!!!! :D

dinner.jpg

Good Job Mike and crew!!!! Reading some other reports you probably made a good decision going to S. Haven. Sounded like you could walk boat to boat at St. Joe today. RedEye should be ready soon to hit the water. Again Great Job!! Also nice Brown out of Muskegon last week. :D

nice job mike....im still a little suspicious of that whole......im pulling my lines now tactic you had going on:no:

Takes a long time to bring in 14 rods......Especially when there are 3 fish on them. :D :D :D

Hey GLF, nice catch, we were just launching as you were backing in to the launch this morning. Sounds like you guys all ended up doing a lot better than most, were your fish pretty consitent throughout the day? We took off about 10am with only a couple to show for the morning.

Hey GLF, nice catch, we were just launching as you were backing in to the launch this morning. Sounds like you guys all ended up doing a lot better than most, were your fish pretty consitent throughout the day? We took off about 10am with only a couple to show for the morning.

Most of our fish came after 10am.

Mike great call switching from ST Joe to S. Haven. It was nice meeting you today and good job to you and your crew!

Actually......Silver One tipped me off on South Haven.

Actually......Silver One tipped me off on South Haven.

Nice Job GLF crew. way to hang in there and keep trolling them out. My Wife is still trying to figure out what HO's were all talking about. She said and I quote. You better not be getting any HO's over at the lake. I laughed my head off.

My Wife is still trying to figure out what HO's were all talking about. She said and I quote. You better not be getting any HO's over at the lake. I laughed my head off.

LMAO :lol:

My wife has not read this report. I wonder what she would think? :P

Well the Nee Hi ended up 2/2 with 2 Ho's. Both on flasher/fly on a 1 and 2 color core. Great to meet lots of the GLF crew out there in my home port. :D What a beautiful day on the lake. Talked to so many at docks , on the lake and was able to help out Silver One at the dock. Kingfisher, i launche next to u right before Mike in my tan 16'. Thought i recognized the name. :rolleyes: Have to say Hi next time. Will post pics when the old lady brings me the cord.:lol:

Side Note: Found a tackle box on M43 in AM, send me a PM describing in extremely well as the rest have already tried:lol:.

Great Job!

We were out of South Haven Yesterday too, but got skunked! Tried the planer boards for the first time, so at least we learned something. Couldn't complain about the day. Again, good job!

It was a beautiful day on the lake yesterday.

How long have you been salmon fishing Peter?

Great job Mike, you made a good choice in going to SH. St Joe was zoo on both Friday and Saturday with fishing being spotty. Some guys did well and found fish, but most didn't.

By the way, your brother has a nice tan. lol