ProTroll Stingfish

I picked up a couple of these ProTroll Stingfish at D & R Sports today.

protroll.jpg

They look good, and I hope to put them in the water this weekend in St. Joseph. Has anyone used them for spring coho before?

Brek had good luck with a flatfish trolled off a downrigger in St. Joe last year. I have never had much luck with them. They are very touchy to keep running true. They will spin out if you are going to fast. If you check the archives I think we had a discussion about them last year.

Hey GLF ! I dont have any experience with the stingfish, I use the kwikfish made by luhr jensen in the fickle pickle color. Have caught salmon using them off inline planers in Sept when the fish are cruising around harbour mouths. Another lure of the same type is the flatfish. They also make the new model flatfish- the M-2. It has a redesigned lip wich makes it dive to 20ft without the need for any added weights on the line.

They work great Mike but run hard on the brakes They like about 1.5 to 1.8 max I used to use them all they time and have tried a bunch of the new improved ones over the years. They all like it nice and slow they also don't care for snap swivels I have tied them up with Flouro leaders about a ft or two long to a bead chain. They are deadly on Browns in the spring once you get em to run just off the bottom.