Who has the oldest boat fishing lake mich?

Just curious, if anyone is fishing lake michigan in an old boat? My first boat I still have and use regularly.Its a 1969 Starcraft Holiday with a 1969 85hp johnson motor. Its not cosmetically perfect but still very solid and handles 6ft waves. Its set up as a pure fishing boat,4 manual downriggers, 2 old big johns and 2 Riverias with 4ft arms and 4 tite-lok rod holders in front for dipseys and when useing boards.I live in Ludington and cant help laughf when I see a +$20,000 boat head in when waves are above 3ft and im out in a 40yr old boat and feel totally safe.Ive had some of my best times on this old basic boat.Just curious if anyone else has an old classic on the water?

Got to love them old Starcrafts. I had a 1971 Starcraft Holiday, 18 footer with a 120 HP Mercruiser I/O. I outfitted it with 4 manual downriggers that were hand made by a machinist. I had 4 rods and a handful of lures. That got me hooked on Salmon fishing. Started out in Lake Huron fishing out of Tawas and Rogers City. I now have about 30 rods, 6 tackle boxes, 4 electric riggers on a 1987 Starcraft Islander 221, Fishing out of Monroe and Montague.

Well, you got us beat thats for sure. We fish outta a 2000 21' Hydra-Sports w/150 Johnson 2 stroke and troll with a 9.9 Evenrude 4 stroke. 8'9" beam, cabin w/walk around. Have two Walker electric riggers and another 8 custom rod holders to do the work. Been a real good boat for us, handles the big water great.

This is Ironic I just traded my 69 Holiday 18 to my next younger brother he is getting it ready to fish with his son. The original 85hp Johnson is on my next younger brothers 16ft boat in KY as it did not troll well so was replaced with a 80hp Merc. I liked the old Starcraft but my wife hated it and would not go out in it so I have a 1989 Four Winns 267 Quest now. However my cousin has you beat he still fishs out of his dads 1964 Starcraft 14ft it is the high side boat and has been catching Salmon on Lake MI since opening day.

I occasionally run my ole '79 Islander around. Looks similar to Dirty Dogs I believe, got the ole stringer out drive, had it all rebuilt/overhauled..still plenty of tinkering. Added a custom radar arch/rod rack/spreader lights and Burts track and ratcheting rod holders....now if I could just find the time and weather to cooperate to get her out more often.

Im not shure how to add pics here , but i put some on the Salmon trout forum under my 69 starcraft holiday. I was reading older posts and thought i might have 1 maniacs old boat. As I bought this in muskegion in June 08 seems same time you had one for sale? But I see you kept it in family so its not mine . Shes not pretty but catches alot of salmon and with friends help im shure floor will never rot as alot of beer has been spilled ,poor mans pressure treatment . lol

I would have been happy to have sold her to you she sat in my yard all summer long with a full tank of gas ready to go fishing. I accepted 2 offers for 1500 for her but neither of them returned with the money. So last fall my brother offered to trade a motorcycle for it and I said what the heck and traded him for it. He still has not brought me the bike but I got tired of waiting and hauled the boat up to him a few weeks ago. I left pretty much everything on her down riggers electric anchor fishfinders rod holders really could have brought a few poles and took her straight to the lake last year. Funny thing is since I traded it to my brother I have had a dozen guys try and buy it.

hey wayne, it sounds like ya have almost the same boat i have , but the dog is a little older ,she's a 1977 with a omc 140 electric shift and a custom hard top with spreader lights, i have 2 connon mag 5 h.s. riggers , a pair of vector triple rod holders , and a pair of berts bird trees , she's old but strong and proven

heres a cople pics

DSCF3303.jpg

P8090464.jpg

My 19' Cresliner is some where in the mid 70's with a 77 115 Evenrude on her.

My cousins boat is a 65 Slick Craft. Both boats are rock solid, and strong.

We keep thinking of upgrading, but then why? Stile points don't catch fish:D.

Frank, I see you have an electric winch on your trailer, I have been shopping for one, how do you like yours and what would you recommend?

I like it. It came with the boat when I bought her a few years ago. It's old and I converted it from cable to strap. I just put new brushed in the motor a week or so ago.:)