The weatherman said 6-11 mph and 45 deg.

It never topped 38 deg. coupled with 25 mph wind gust made Walleye fishing near impossible.

I was invited to come and fish the river with an old friend. Who can say no to a day off work and Walleye fishing on the Detroit in April?

We met him at the Trenton lighthouse at 7am, and put in nearby. Fished mainly up river from there, all the way up past Cobo hall. With the wind ripping down the river like a wind tunnel, stained water, and just plane nasty conditions, a Skunk should have been in the works. Friend Tom averted that with one nice 3 pound fish. After 5 hours of fighting wind,waves, and soaked clothing/gloves, we decided to call it a day.

While I had big plans of showing you all a big stringer of fresh Walleye, Instead this was all I got on our way back down stream (with the waves).

IMG_7702.jpg

I'm ready for warm air!

The love of fishing for me is , the adventure of it. The excitement builds in the week leading up, you get up at 4am drive 2.5 hours, and head out. I love fishing just for these reasons, it keeps you young, gives you stories, and yes get's you off the couch.

The love of fishing for me is , the adventure of it. The excitement builds in the week leading up, you get up at 4am drive 2.5 hours, and head out. I love fishing just for these reasons, it keeps you young, gives you stories, and yes get's you off the couch.

Amen Brother.

Hey Ken, Wish I would have known you were there Monday. I ended up 2 for 5. And you are right the conditions were less than ideal !

Welcome aboard Steve.

Looking back, we should of fished down river.

I am not a fan of big crowds, and non stop snags though.

Nice job on the two though.

Ken, The place I fished we only snagged up once and lost one jig. Next time you go let me know, and I will tell you where I was. That spot works great for taking customers, that way I am not tying jigs all day.