Hello all,

Just got hip to this site and love it already.

I have been an avid Lake Erie walleye fisherman(western basin) since childhood. I have a 2007 23' baha gle outfitted with everything for walleye, prch and salmon. All my trolling gear is big jon.

I have been salmon fishing since a teenager with my father and on some charters but just started running my own boat last year up in Ludington. And yes i'm hooked!!!!!!!!

I have alot of hand me down salmon gear and am looking to upgrade some of the reels to accomadate lead core. I am really looking at the okuma convectors. I only live 40 minutes from cabelas. Does anyone know of a better place to get them?

Always willing to chat fishing send me a message.

Todd

Welcome aboard Todd. How long does it take you to get to Ludington?

There have been several replies to your other thread in regards to Okuma reels.

How did you find the website?

Mike

Todd, A very warm welcome to you.:) You will like it here for sure. Let us know if we can help in any way.:)

I fish mostly out of AuGres MI on the Saginaw Bay. I fish mostly in my 22 Starcraft Islander Hardtop. I do make a few trips a year to Lake Michigan. :)

Welcome Todd! I might have to ask you for some Lake Erie advice. My sister-in-law's parents have a cabin in Luna Pier and I plan on doing some walleye fishing this year. I have a bunch of Okuma's and have bought them from different sources. The prices were all about the same. I think there were some responses to your other post. I have been very happy with these reels, especially for core. I mainly fish Muskegon and just purchased a 22' Sportcraft that should be out of storage in a few weeks. I'm a little excited to say the least. I am also running the West Michigan Fishing League this year with events in Pt. Sheldon and Muskegon. Let me know if you need any help.

Welcome, while you are in Ludington go to "Captian Chucks" they have everything you could dream of. Owned by a charter captian and they have "I believe" everything from dreamweaver,stinger spoons and every well known maker,they also have a large selection of rods n reels they only carry quality products no wallmart stuff here and they are very reasonable priced.They will also set up any rod -reel como for you ready to fish.They have a web site that lists there prices.Another site I hear about alot is "Bretts on the bay". I hope this helps and if you are on the water in ludington ,Watch those darn Indian nets north of town.

Mike,

Just stumbled across the site while digging around on the net. Takes me about four and a half if i'm pulling the boat or three without. It's 285 miles from my driveway to the marina.

I saw the replies about the reels. Thanks again for your help. it looks like northland outdoors is the cheapest by about ten bucks.

thanks

todd

Thanks for the welcome. Give me a shout anytime. I'm on the water as much as possible. i can normally be reached on ch. 68 out on erie and my boat name is nut-n-eze. i dock at meinke west off rt. 2. i fish quite abit up near the triangle. so let me know if you need any help while at the in-laws.

thanks

todd

thanks for the heads up. I stop into chucks everytime were up that way. last year bought a spoon that was up on his hot board and i don't know the name of it but it was very hot for us the first week of august when the water flipped. it was a magnum yeck that was silver with green glow tape on one side. pick a couple up if you get a chance. i only had one and wish i had ten. it took 9 of 11 fish on our last day in august. my boat name is nut-n-eze give me a shout. i will be in ludington at the muni. marina the last week of july and every weekend in august.

thanks

todd