Dipsey Storage

Well boys, im looking for some imput. How do you store your dipseys? Been looking for a way to store my dipseys thats a bit more organized. Maybe a reel bag or something of that sort....So, let me know how you do it or if you have any nifty ideas.

Thanks

I bought a couple of cloth litter bags from a dollar store. The bags have velcro straps on them. I keep them on the proper sides, and hang them over the backs of the helm and mate chairs when I'm going to use them. These bags are pretty durable for only a couple of bucks. They even came in colors so they match the boat trim.:)

I just picked up some storage bags @ Northwoods for my in-line planer boards. They were $4 each. It's nice to have these things somewhat organized.:)

I also do the $3 storage tote from wallmart. Have tried alot of different tackle storge systems over the years from home made to brand name design ideas and have found that the wallmart system works the best for the amount of money you spend. The storage bag in the picture looks nice and I might even purchase one to keep other stuff from rubbing against the dipseys and scratching them but they will still end up inside a $3 tote

Thanks for all the great suggestions fellas. Keep em coming. I currently use the same Plano boxes as the flasher files, but i broke those twice and ive accumilated too many dipseys that that im always cramming them in those boxes. Thus my dilemna.

Thanks again for all the suggestions...and keep em coming.

Thanks for all the great suggestions fellas. Keep em coming. I currently use the same Plano boxes as the flasher files, but i broke those twice and ive accumilated too many dipseys that that im always cramming them in those boxes. Thus my dilemna.

Thanks again for all the suggestions...and keep em coming.

what a great problem to have:grin:

What material are those bags made out of? Looks like windshield vinyl. The only thing that would concern me with that is condensation building up inside and not able to breath. Otherwise I am interested. Thanks.

That is an excellent question. I have the same issues with the $3 totes and have found that after I put the boat away I have to open all my totes and let stuff dry out and the Dipseys and planner boards are the two that collect moisture in the totes.

That is an excellent question. I have the same issues with the $3 totes and have found that after I put the boat away I have to open all my totes and let stuff dry out and the Dipseys and planner boards are the two that collect moisture in the totes.

Drill about 8 1/4 inch holes in the top and the moisture problem is cured. 4 in each end in the lid.

Drill about 8 1/4 inch holes in the top and the moisture problem is cured. 4 in each end in the lid.

I did actually do that exact think but I thing because I keep my boat in a barn that is usually dark that not all of the moister escapes. Thanks for the suggestion it is a good one

Well boys, im looking for some imput. How do you store your dipseys? Been looking for a way to store my dipseys thats a bit more organized. Maybe a reel bag or something of that sort....So, let me know how you do it or if you have any nifty ideas.

Thanks

All the flashers have fly's on them, The dipseys are marked with permanent marker. Cheep, easy, and mobile.

B86G8568.jpg

What material are those bags made out of? Looks like windshield vinyl. The only thing that would concern me with that is condensation building up inside and not able to breath. Otherwise I am interested. Thanks.

They are made of coated canvas and clear vinyl. The pockets are not air tight so if you left it in the sun they would dry out.

Thanks

Al

Hey Guys I have a canvass shop 1 mile from my house and they make the lure holders and dispey holders.... If' you'd like I can take some pics of their work and you can order them from me and I'll ship them out to you guys.... its just the little things that matter, isn't it... Let me know and I'll get some pics...

I might even get beter pricing if I can get plenty of orders, think about that....

Hey Guys I have a canvass shop 1 mile from my house and they make the lure holders and dispey holders.... If' you'd like I can take some pics of their work and you can order them from me and I'll ship them out to you guys.... its just the little things that matter, isn't it... Let me know and I'll get some pics...

I might even get beter pricing if I can get plenty of orders, think about that....

Well lets see them pics!:D

Hey Botlman,

www.photobucket.com is very easy to use when it comes to adding pics to a post. Get a free account, upload your pics to the site, then copy and paste the %7Boption%7D code in your post where youd like it to appear. Resizing is easily done there as well. Never used the sites pic hostings, so im not sure how it works. Have tried on other sites and have found photobucket easier, so i just use that. Im sure Mike has a tutorial on pic posting somewhere though.

Yeah i have a photo bucket account.....I'll use that dude, I looked at the Walker pricing, I'll see if this place called J&K canvas it's just up the road from me and they have done work for me in the passed, I'm also looking at adding a NEw Full Camper canvas to my boat as well i have one now, but it's a fastback, and slants too quickly to the back..rendering some of the back of the boat useless for sitting on the bench seat.