April 2 2009 Went for Browns, got a Salmon

gordymohr

How about that reel peel?And that was only a 12 pounder,you know they get a bit bigger over here on Lake O.

The reel peel was awesome! Thats the part that gets the blood pumping.

Did you record that yourself, or did you have someone with you?

Hey guys! That lure is a ZMAN Chatterstick. Its the first time Ive used it. Like I said in the video, Im trying it out on browns but I couldnt get any browns to cooperate. Check out zmanfishing.com- I have now affiliation with them. Yes, I recorded that myself, my fishing partner cancelled out on me the night before, and since the weather and winds were going to be favourable. I went by myself. What you see is the condensed version of the video. Photobucket only allows 100mb. My own long version is better because it shows more detail on the set-ups . Hope you guys get some useful info from this and thanks GLF on a great site.

Keep posting the videos Gord.

I am waiting to start fishing this year so I can make some more videos. I could not zoom out far enough before, so I picked up a wide angle lens for my cam corder during the winter. This should help my videos tremendously.

What are you using for a cam corder?

I dont have an actual video camera. Im using a Canon 9megapixel PowerShot SX110. It has a video clip feature.It does pretty nice still shots and it was in my price range, but its not really meant for a lot of video shooting. Good enough for photobucket though!

Hey Spoonmasster, thanks for your comment!

You are correct, Boltman, that salmon did have a lamprey scar. Unfortunately, Im seeing more and more of this on our salmon and trout here in Lake Ontario. I was considering taking that fish home to eat, but whenever I see a scar from lampreys it turns me off and I dont want to eat that fish. After so many years, you would think our respective governments would get serious about lampreys and the effect they have on our resources.

I must mention one further thing, my earlier comment about ZMAN lures, that should read "I have NO affiliation with them." I repeat Im not connected with ZMAN in any way other than as a consumer of their products. Thanks. Dont know how to edit-what a rookie!