red line or not?

I was curious, what everyone's thought are for red fishing line compared regular clear mono? I have heard that the red disappears faster but other articles i have read say it really is not all that great? what's everyone's take on this. Thanks:confused:

Edited by inreeltrouble
spelling

ive tried the red powerpro...i cant say it improved my catch...ive been using flourocarbon leader and that disapears the minute it hits the water in my opinion...red does disapear the fastest so i understand the concept behind it..i just dont think its that big a concern for fishing salmon...(besides the fact that after a month the power pro red turns white and they tell you to die it again with a red sharpie)

I can see line haveing a effect on salmon in the top 20ft of clear water but beyond that I can't see where it has any effect. If you are concerned add a flouro leader with 20ft or so of flouro leader your line no longer matters. I personally like running a high vis line with a flouro leader that way I can clearly see the line and avoid tangles and because of the flouro leader all the fish see's is the bait.

Thanks for the info jim, the only reason i switched was the old line was ready to be changed and had read about the red. Being that i never tried thought i might and see but sounds like i should run what ever I like and just run a leader. should have known i can make something difficult.. ha ha Thanks again

i have been running it for a couple of years and love it,i tie on a floro leader.i like it because it makes it easy to see,a big pluse when you have fish going in every direction.its cheep to .i use the cajun

I personally dont think it makes any difference. Just makes it easier on us to keep track of things. I used to use allot of Bekley XT Solar for my walleye trolling apps...Now thats some stuff you can SEE!!!....On a side note, Power Pro is great line and i think youll be pleased with it. I run it on my High Divers and have had nothing but great luck with it.

This thread was just what I was looking for, But I wonder how many of you have tried Cajun Red Lightning? and were you all satisfied? I have used Berkley Big game for years and have never lost any fish due to line or knot breakage.

But im a real biotch for colors and want to run the red one LOOL.

Have a look at the colot of the line in the picture: http://cgi.ebay.com/SHIMANO-TEKOTA-600-A-RB-REEL_W0QQitemZ220386714352QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220386714352&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A570|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

Shipping cost is always a problem when shopping from Sweden, and there are only minor difference in shipping cost between ordering one and two spools.

So the ea price will be significant lower when ordering more than one, and since I will use atleast 10 000 yards during one year of fishing so why not :D

/Kjell