Grew up fishing

Well as requested I would like to introduce myself...

My name is Chris Wertanen and I grew up fishing w/ my dad like many of us did. I caught my first Walleye when I was four on a snoopy Zebco combo, over on the East side of Michigan. My Dad and I mainly fished back in the late 70's early 80's out of St. Joe and South Haven, with an annual trip to the U.P. He passed away when I was 16 and I kind of got away from fishing for many years. I never completely strayed but I never could seem to get back into it. Over the last 5 years or so I started going out a few times a year on other peoples boats and decided that I really missed it. I have owned several boats over the last 10 years, (none of the fishing boats). At the end of last summer I decided to dump the "Wine and Cheese" Sundancer and look for a fishing boat this spring.

The money has been flying out of my wallet ever since! :no:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to chasing some tail down this spring, I have alot to learn, and I think this site is great. It's one thing to reel one a fish in, but, It's a whole new ball game when you are the one picking the location, choosing a heading and setting the lines.

I may ask some dumb questions along the way and I thank all of you for your input.

Thanks Again,

Chris

I may ask some dumb questions along the way and I thank all of you for your input.

Thanks Again,

Chris

Chris welcome. Ask all you want, and we will help as much as we can.

You should have some good fishing starting soon. It looks like you live by the South end of lake Michigan. That's the area that heats up first.

Many great guys here that fish that area.

Good luck,

Ken.

A very warm welcome to you Chris. You will fit right in here.:)

I fish mostly out of AuGres, on the Saginaw Bay. I fish Lake Michigan a few times a year. I have a 22 Starcraft Islander hardtop. The boat is kinda like me, Old, Slow, But Somewhat Dependable.:D Gitter Done.

I caught my first Walleye when I was four on a snoopy Zebco combo, over on the East side of Michigan.

Ah the scourge of all east side walleyes', the deadly snoopy combo. my christiana got her 1st fish on her barbie combo when she was 5, now cant keep her from asking "when are we going fishing?" WELCOME TO THE SITE

Welcome aboard Chris! Thanks for taking the time and doing an introduction. I live in Otsego, and keep my boat in Muskegon.

Have you fished St. Joseph when the coho are in? You are around 1 to 2 weeks away from some fantastic fishing there. There have been a few reports from St. Joseph.

If you need anything, let out a shout.

Mike

Welcome from "da UP" Chris. Seems that most of us grew up fishing with Dad. Mine made his last salmon outing with me to Detour when he was 80 and had a blast!

Lots of good helpful folks on this site. You will feel welcome right from the get go.

Mike

At the end of last summer I decided to dump the "Wine and Cheese" Sundancer and look for a fishing boat this spring.

First of all welcome aboard Chris!

Last year I picked up a sundancer and I like to think of it as "Beer and Salmon slabs" ..........anyways I will be spending most of my time out of South Haven this year and we can link up and help each other out. Just give the 2UNREEL a shout. My fathers boat (Voyageur) has been slipped in Boat Yard Basin since the 80's. Whats your boat name?

Welcome aboard Chris. I grew up fishing on the Mississippi and then fished Michigan rivers and inland lakes before starting to chase the salmon addictively last year. It is a hoot! You will receive tons of good informaion from this site. Good Luck with the Cohos. They should be hot soon down south.

At the end of last summer I decided to dump the "Wine and Cheese" Sundancer and look for a fishing boat this spring.

First of all welcome aboard Chris!

Last year I picked up a sundancer and I like to think of it as "Beer and Salmon slabs" ..........anyways I will be spending most of my time out of South Haven this year and we can link up and help each other out. Just give the 2UNREEL a shout. My fathers boat (Voyageur) has been slipped in Boat Yard Basin since the 80's. Whats your boat name?

No offense intended towards the Sundancer... I loved that boat, it was a 98 310.

As far as my boats name, I haven't named the boat yet. I never named my last boat, nothing ever seemed right. Maybe after my first trip out there something will come to me ie: Tangled Mess, No Bites, Quiet Drag's, Dry Net, just kidding.:lol: Seriously though when I come up w/ the name I'll let you all know.

I fished a half a dozen times last year out of South Haven on my buddys boat. "Big Unit", he seems to always catch fish.