BigJon downriggers

I have 4 bigjon electric captains pack I am considering selling. They are all in A1 condition, and if I sold them they would be as a package only.

If anyone is interested, let me know.

I also have a Fishawk hand held water temp. probe that I will sell, again if anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks,

Tony

I just got the boat out of storage yesterday, and so what happens, 3" of wet snow. The riggers are in the boat, so it may take a day or two to get some pictures. The riggers are the Captains Packs so they have the longer booms, but they are sectional so you can adjust the length.

As far as cost, to be honest I would like to buy 4 of the BigJon Brutes so that I can use 20# balls. Given that these downriggers I have for sale are in excellent condition I would like to think that $1600.00 for the set would be fair to me and whoever may buy them.

I would prefer to sell as a set, that way I can turn around and order the new riggers, I really do not want to sell one or two at a time.

Let me know what you think, thanks,

Tony

Tony you will love the Brutes however get the speed control and auto stops on them for a few extra bucks. You will not beleive how fast they are mine go down so fast they nearly free fall it only takes a few sec to drop them to over 100ft. I had a lot of issues with my probe tangleing going down with mine so I ended up moving the probe to one of my slower riggers. Up speed is fast as well I run 15lb balls on mine and they fly.

Tony you will love the Brutes however get the speed control and auto stops on them for a few extra bucks. You will not beleive how fast they are mine go down so fast they nearly free fall it only takes a few sec to drop them to over 100ft. I had a lot of issues with my probe tangleing going down with mine so I ended up moving the probe to one of my slower riggers. Up speed is fast as well I run 15lb balls on mine and they fly.

I would think that the fast down speed would be a major drawback for the brutes. Slow and steady down is the key to no tangles. Maybe it's not too fast of a decent, I have never used them. I do know one thing free fall is too fast.:)

How does the speed control work?

I haven't used mine yet, but there is a control knob on the front of the switch box to control the speed. They look to be nice units. They look exactly like the captains pak manuals with a motor and gear box. Can't wait to try mine out:D

I just listed the FishHawk on Ebay, along with the downriggers, both under the downrigger section, under fishing in sporting goods. It may take a little while for them to post, since I just listed them. If you have any problems finding them, let me know.

I have not had the money to buy it yet Tony I was talking with John Williams about the problem and he mentioned it to me as a answer. As I understand it you get a autostop and the new control for 70 bucks ea the new controll has a up down switch and a knob to adjust motor speed which works both ways. John posted on another site that they were doing some testing on a set of brutes and that it took a 42lb weight to slow it down that they were rated speed with 25lb balls and beyond. I love mine dearly but have had a lot of tangles and have dragged many fish as a result of tangles going down. One morning as I am netting a fish for my wife I see a salmon hit the surface behind the boat and my wife says that fish has been doing that for 10 min or so. I think crap it is tangled in one of my rigger poles so I grab one trip it nope and have the wife reel it in while I grab the second one it won't trip bring the ball up sure enough it is wrapped up untangle it and land the 8lb king on it for our limit fish for the day we were fishing in 50 ft of water. As much as I love the monster riggers they have some issues that will be fixed with speed control on decent at least.