cool stuff

Fortunatly Terry I planned on averageing out the cost of everything over the years but in raw numbers it sucks. But on the other hand if I catch as many this year and don't spend a ton the price will come way down but hard to spend 25g in one season and not have ugly numbers to start off with.

Fortunatly Terry I planned on averageing out the cost of everything over the years but in raw numbers it sucks. But on the other hand if I catch as many this year and don't spend a ton the price will come way down but hard to spend 25g in one season and not have ugly numbers to start off with.

Jim, It's hard to tell if you are bragging or complaining.:lol: Those numbers will get you.:) Some times you are better off not adding them up. I remember seeing this someplace, "My worst fear is when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it".:) But you are lucky. You take her father fishing, and that gives you a lot more rope.:)

Jim, It's hard to tell if you are bragging or complaining.:lol: Those numbers will get you.:) Some times you are better off not adding them up. I remember seeing this someplace, "My worst fear is when I die my wife will sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it".:) But you are lucky. You take her father fishing, and that gives you a lot more rope.:)

Not really bragging or complaining Frank Just when Chris made the note these fish cost a lot per pound I figured I would add up what I spent last year versus fish caught and see what the raw numbers were. I did not bother to amortize out the boat and equipment cost over time just most of the receipts in a pile so to speak. Since I won't be buying a boat again this year being able to average the cost out over more years will make it look much better. But the cost of this game can get to you pretty quick sometimes it is hard to see past the numbers. Like when my brother won't listen and wraps a fish on a diver around a rigger and loses the whole setup with the fish he is bummed cause he lost a fish. I have a hard time watching close to 40 bucks swim away. I try and not think about the cost but every now and then it comes up and my mind goes numb for a bit as I add things up.

Jim, I do get what you mean about the huge buy in for this game. I have been there a few times when a $100 worth of tackle in a couple of days was lost. A lot of riders don't realize, the true cost of our game. Start adding up the insurance and other fees and it will be staggering. But there again, I'm not complaining. We do have to PAY TO PLAY. If a person was to fish only 5-10 times a season, he would be way ahead to pay a charter and sell his toys. But even that can be justified because they are toys. Everyone has their fun things to do. It's nice to have a place like this to compare notes and make friends.:) We are all in the same boat.:)

ok well it has been a long winter and the list keeps getting longer, lol:

2 48" Bert's tracks with 2 swivel bases

2 Berts holders for now, will use the tite lok trees I have for this season

Tekota 700 for copper

new Guide series roller rod, on the way

2 new tackle mates, one regular, one maxi

new stickbaits and spoons

controllking for the kicker

couple more holders for the launcher

set of New Otter Boats

dang this list is getting longer and longer

BOAT= Break Out Another Thousand

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Went crazy with Shimano Takota, and Taloras on all but the riggers. The wife wasn't too understanding for some reason. Not sure why ; )

8 lead core combos

4 copper combos

4 dipsy combos

2 downrigger combos

I baought a couple of new body baits and a new digital camera. I thought it was time I entered the digital age. (Ive only had a computer since Xmas)

So soon we'll get to see some of those monster lake O's Kings?

Going down this week to Neils to trade in two of the old Walkers on the new high speed models.