Grizzly Adams fished for wallleyes?

Cleaning out the drawer of an old desk we're getting rid of today, I found a few old pictures of myself that date back some 23 years, to about 1986. Hard to tell through all the wiskers, but it's me. Back then if you seen 4 other boats on the Tittabawassee, she was a crowded day on the river. Of course you can see the floating platform I fished from was a little more rustic as well. Man, it just seems like yesterday. :(

scan0001_002.sized.jpg

scan0002_002.sized.jpg

Nice pics Dan...It sure is amazing how things have changed over the years. Look at that motor as well as that suit!:lol:...But, thats what there was back in the day. Even though i was a youngster i had a "snow suit" very similar to that. Idnentical in color....Mine had one of those fancy fluffy collars.:cool::o:rolleyes::no::lol::lol::lol:

:lol:...Could be!

I just checked the Kawkawlin here by the house and there no Walleye or Suckers in there. Only thing i saw was a beautiful Northern Pike...Old gal was all warted up, but was a solid 38"-40" with some awesome girth. We definitely need that water to warm up a bit to get up here and spawning. Ill try and snap a pic or two when they do finally make it up this far.

Best place for that is Chip Road bridge and downstream to the Oil Wells. I remember one year before they closed that part of the river for spawning, I watched them guys dipping for suckers off the bridge catching one hog walleye after the other. Another year I got my Jet Boat all the way to the Oil wells rapids on a site seing trip, and both walleyes and steelheads were on that gravel big time. I'm planning another Bay trolling trip Thursday and maybe Friday. Then a sucker (orange sponge) run on the rifle on the weekend (weather permitting). I just hope the river waters warm soon and stay high enough for a good walleye spawn on the kawkawlin.:D

Thats where i went. I was at Chip Rd. Bridge and then headed north to Knockles Bridge. Theyre both within a mile and a half from the house. Couldnt believe i didnt see at least one sucker or walleye...but then again, we are a little early. Im with you though, i hope water levels stay reasonably high so the fish can get in there and do their thing, without the water levels dropping and trapping fish. A couple years ago i seen the river bed at Knockles Bridge dry in late spring. There were basically just pools of water in the shallow holes...Unbelievable. That entire stretch all the way back to the main branch of the river is some fine spawning habitat. Lets hope Ma Nature keep her good and wet this year.

Good luck on da bay as well as the rifle.