2009 Dreamweaver Charity Tournament sign up

tgafish

Once again the WMFL presents the Dreamweaver Challenge. In it's 5th year last year Rich Meade(Caznik) had the great idea to turn everybody's favorite event into a charity event and the Charity Fun Fishing Tournament was born. The generosity of the teams was amazing and we raised $4800 for Benefit 4 Kids.

Benefit 4 Kids is a 100% volunteer organization granting outdoor wishes to kids with life threating or life limiting conditions. They are very excited to be part of our group again this year after the great success in 2008.

So here we go guys:yahoo:

TourneyGraphic1copy.jpg

Same setup as the past with all teams using the same lure package supplied by Shane at Dreamweaver. We're still working on updating the rules, times, prizes, and such but I'll have it up soon.

Thanks!!

Six Teams already so far:)

1. Tgafish

2. Sixshooter

3. Catfishhoge

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac

6. Trout Tracker

We're shooting for 60 teams this year. The B4K guys will be handling the raffle ticket sales at the event so things are fast and easy

My 2008 Dreamweaver Big Jon Charity tourney experience

Might be a little sappy but I wanted to take a minute a write down my experience from last year with this event. I was lucky enough 2 years ago to be asked by Caznik to help him turn the Dreamweaver challenge into a charity event. My only qualification was that I had fished a Make-A-Wish event for the 2 prior years. So Caz, Sarah C, Sixshooter, and I looked into a few charities and Six found B4K.

Throughout the process I got to know a few of the B4K people and let me tell you they are true blue good people. All of them have regular day jobs. They take a good portion of their free time and dedicate it to helping kids and their families. They receive zero dollars for their hard work. The payment to the soul however is immense, as I was to find out.

The days before and the day of the tourney were a series of awesome moments. Major sponsors were coming on board along with MS members offering gift certificates. Teams were signing up and we had as many teams as we hoped for. Everybody was excited to send a family they had never met on the trip of a lifetime. A trip that most of the teams could only dream of.

Tournament day was a whirlwind. The last time I had butterflies like that was my wedding day. The sight of all these teams laughing, talking, smiling, and graciously donating was one that I will never forget. There was a sense of pride throughout the whole weigh-in that you could feel. It honestly took me a whole week to come down from the high. I hope the guys and gals that participated had the same feeling.

Throughout the whole process I took many moments to think about my children and how lucky I have it. The times when they had a cold or when I got worked up about them not doing things they were told. Imagine the world some of the wish kids and families live in. Endless Dr. appts, sleepless nights, astronomical medical bills, etc. I can only imagine how long the list is. Nick from last year had half of his leg amputated before he was 15. I can’t imagine sitting in the waiting room waiting for my son to have his leg cut off so he can feel better. But those who participated in this event gave this family one week to put those things away and not have to worry about anything other than enjoying themselves and being a family. And memories that last forever.

When I look back at the $75 I spent to enter this tourney I think about all the things I got for that money. A great day of fishing with an awesome group of people. A set of lures that would cost me a similar amount of money. But the sense of pride I still carry from helping out Nick’s family is priceless.

Over the spring we will be letting you guys know about awesome raffle prizes that will be available to win at this event. But I just wanted to share that no matter how many fish you bring to the weigh-in, or what prizes you draw, there is no way you can leave this event not feeling like a winner. Hope to see you in Muskegon!:friends:

2009 teams signed up so far:

1. Tgafish

2. Sixshooter

3. Catfishhoge

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac

6. Trout Tracker

7. Holland Piper

8. Severus

9. Tunedown

10. Rat City Hooker

11. Fly Guy

12. Fishsniffer

13. Marble Eyes

14. Oakley

15. Far Beyond Driven

16. Dark Blue

17. Paulywood

Tournament cost $70.00. There is an optional $5.00 big fish pot.

Captains Pack includes, (6 spoons, 1 plug, 2 flies, and 2 Spindoctors), 5 raffle tickets and team towels.

When you sign up I will contact you with my name and address so you can send me your entry fee. And I will also ask for an emergency phone number to reach you in case of early tournament cancelations.

All cash proceeds are going to Benefit4kids charity except for big fish.

Benefit4Kids was founded in 1998 with its' primary mission to grant the outdoor wishes of children with life threatening and life limiting illnesses (www.b4k.org).

We will be taking fish donations for the Muskegon Rescue Mission. Coolers for donated fish will be placed at the head of the pavilion.

Winnings will be awarded accordingly

1st Place - 15 additional tickets, trophy, and additional lure package from Dreamweaver.

2nd Place – 10 additional tickets.

3rd Place – 5 additional tickets.

Big Fish – Cash.

Additional raffle tickets can be purchased for $5/piece or 5 for $20. Raffle Tickets will only be sold on day of tournament, and you must be present to win.

If you plan to secure a campsite make sure you let them know you are with the West Michigan Fishing League and they will attempt to place you with the rest of the group. Fishermans Landing, Muskegon Michigan. Phone: Local: 1-231-726-6100 Toll Free: 1-800-283-7183

501 E. Western Ave Muskegon, MI 49443

1. This is a FUN charity tournament. We ask people to share fishing tips on the radio (Channel 72). Please keep your comments at a PG rating. This is a family orientated event.

2. You may ONLY use the lures provided in the lure pack. If you lose a lure you are down a lure, no replacing the lure with a like lure in your boat. No alterations of the lures (exception,

line on the fly and changing hooks if they become unusable).

3. Entry fee, and big fish money MUST be received by July 1st.

4. Fishing starts at 5:00am and lines pulled at 11:00am. (Team Representative must be line with fish for weigh in by 12:30pm). A represetative will be ready to weigh fish by 11:00am. If

you get back early weigh in. Being timely is a must. We have to be out of the way for another tournament at 3:00pm.

5. If tournament is fished until at least 8:00am it will be considered completed.

6. All Boats must LEAVE from Muskegon Lake.

7. Boats may use up to 9 rods in the water MAX at any one time.

8. Three-man DNR fish limit MAX per boat.

9. Weigh 5 fish (King, Coho, Steelhead, Browns, and Lakers).

10. Each fish is worth 10 points plus weight.

11. Know what your big fish is. You get 1 chance to weigh your big fish.

12. NO CULL RULE. If you box the fish, YOU MUST KEEP THE FISH.

13. All captains must sign a waiver form when they pick up their lure packages. A representative will be in the pavilion from 4:00am to 5:30am the morning of the tournament.

14. If you do not show up for the event, your lure package will be donated as a prize and money will not be refunded.

15. In the event of bad weather, the tournament may be delayed or cancelled. Every attempt will be made to either reach the boat by cell phone or marine radio on channel 72.

16. All Other DNR and State/Federal Laws Apply.

Let me know if you have any questions:)

• 2 weeks later...

2009 teams so far:

1. Tgafish

2. Sixshooter

3. Catfishhoge

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac

6. Trout Tracker

7. Holland Piper

8. Severus

9. Tunedown

10. Rat City Hooker

11. Fly Guy

12. Fishsniffer

13. Marble Eyes

14. Oakley

15. Far Beyond Driven

16. Dark Blue

17. Paulywood

18. Hooked_Up

19. Lox of Luck

20. Blue Collar

21. dcralston(Wounded Duck)

• 1 month later...

I am part of team Umpqua and unfortunatly we won't be able to make it this year and defend our title. We will be fishing in the u.p. on our annual family trip. Last year was a blast and I wish i could be a part of it again this year. Good luck to everyone entering.

I am part of team Umpqua and unfortunatly we won't be able to make it this year and defend our title. We will be fishing in the u.p. on our annual family trip. Last year was a blast and I wish i could be a part of it again this year. Good luck to everyone entering.

Sorry to lose you guys this year:( Thanks for the heads up!

Post with prizes so far should be up soon:D

2009 Teams so far. Sign up cutoff is July 1

1. Tgafish

2. Sixshooter

3. Catfishhoge

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac

6. Trout Tracker

7. Holland Piper

8. Severus

9. Tunedown

10. Rat City Hooker

11. Fly Guy

12. Fishsniffer

13. Marble Eyes

14. Oakley

15. Far Beyond Driven

16. Dark Blue

17. Paulywood

18. Hooked_Up

19. Lox of Luck

20. Blue Collar

21. dcralston (Wounded Duck)

22. Team Bucket

23. Butch

24. Nocturnal75

To anyone still on the fence for this I'd like to re-mention a few things.

#1 Other than the cost of the lures, 100% of your boat fee goes to B4K.

Team Towels, raffle tickets, signs, misc fees are all donated

#2 If you are interested in meeting fellow addicted fishermen and women this is a great place to do it. I have a phone full of friends to ask for hot tips on the water or riders for a day. I met all of them through events such as these:D Can't tell you how much this has helped me in increasing my catches and enjoyment on the water

#3 For those of you on the competitive side this is the ulimate chance to have a level playing field. You're not competeing against a guy with 4 spoon boxes and a 4 tackle bags. Everyone has the same lures and anyone can claim bragging rights!

#4 Saying it's for the kids gives you a free day fishing pass from the Mrs! No honey do's repayment on the back side :grin:

Here is the list of prizes we have for the raffle so far.

We are in talks with Big Jon and we should sure up with them on Monday.

Salmon Slayer Charters: 6 hour fishing charter for 4, out of Ludington.

Donor in Conjunction with Fish Dog Company: (2) 600LC Shimano Tekota Reels And (1) 700 Shimano Tekota Reel. More yet to be determined.

Matteson Marine: Marine VHF Radio, Mount, & Antenna

Dreamweaver Lures: Lure package

Gold Coast Outfitters: (4) $25.00 gift cards

Al & Bob's: (4) $25.00 gift cards

The Outdoorsman: (1) Rod/Reel Combo

Applebees on Alpine Ave: Several Gift Cards and Kids Eat Free Coupons

Great Lakes Angler Magazine: Year Subscription to the Magazine

West Marine: (3) Spin Doctor Rotator Boxes

Silver Bullet Firearms: (1) Range Gift Certificate

Arrow Uniform: Team Towels for captains packs

Far Beyon Driven: 1/2 Dozen Spoons

Menards: Soft Sided cooler and road atlas

Over $1600 in prizes so far!!!

Big Jon comes through again with 2 electric downriggers for the raffle

:clapping::ps-020:

I'll be reserving my site at Fisherman's landing this week for Thursday night through Sunday:D

Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

2009 Teams so far. Sign up cutoff is July 1. Only 13 more days guys!

1. Tgafish - paid

2. Sixshooter - paid

3. Catfishhoge

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac - paid

6. Trout Tracker

7. Holland Piper

8. Severus - paid

9. Tunedown

10. Rat City Hooker

11. Fly Guy

12. Fishsniffer

13. Marble Eyes

14. Oakley - paid

15. Far Beyond Driven

16. Dark Blue

17. Paulywood - paid

18. Hooked_Up

19. Lox of Luck

20. Blue Collar

22. Team Bucket

23. Butch - paid

24. Nocturnal75

25. Pack A Day - paid

26. Fish Byte - paid

27. My Ty

28. Huntinfool43

29. Team Plunger

30. Dirk Lewis

31. 7Mary3

32. Team Toucan

33. Cold Cases

34. Weekender

35. Fish Stalker

36. Redeagle

• 2 weeks later...

Only a few more days to get signed up guys!

Pick up a copy of the July Woods and Water. Treblemaker from this site wrote a full page article on this event. It totally got me fired up again.

Towels are ordered, $2600 in prizes have arrived, things are all set at Fishermans landing, all that's left is the fun:D

1. Tgafish - paid

2. Sixshooter - paid

3. Catfishhoge - paid

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac - paid

6. Trout Tracker

7. Holland Piper

8. Severus - paid

9. Tunedown

10. Miss Ellie

11. Fly Guy

12. Fishsniffer-paid

13. Marble Eyes

14. Oakley - paid

15. Far Beyond Drive - paid

16. Dark Blue

17. Paulywood - paid

18. Hooked_Up

19. Lox of Luck

20. Blue Collar

22. Team Bucket - paid

23. Butch - paid

24. Nocturnal75

25. Pack A Day - paid

26. Fish Byte - paid

27. My Ty - paid

28. Huntinfool43 - paid

29. Team Plunger

30. Dirk Lewis

31. 7Mary3 - paid

33. Cold Cases- paid

34. Weekender- paid

35. Fish Stalker- paid

36. Redeagle - paid

37. Kirby- paid

38. Big Beef

39. Relentless Pursuit- paid

We received a few more late entries. If anyone else wants to get in under the wire we can get you in if you can have the check in the mail by this Monday.

Thanks again to everyone who signed up!!!!:drinks:

1. Tgafish - paid

2. Sixshooter - paid

3. Catfishhoge - paid

4. Tad Pole

5. 1Maniac - paid

6. Trout Tracker

7. Holland Piper - paid

8. Severus - paid

9. Tunedown - paid

10. Miss Ellie - paid

11. Fly Guy

12. Fishsniffer - paid

13. Marble Eyes - paid

14. Oakley - paid

15. Far Beyond Drive - paid

16. Dark Blue

17. Paulywood - paid

18. Hooked_Up - paid

19. Lox of Luck - paid

20. Blue Collar - paid

22. Team Bucket - paid

23. Butch - paid

24. Nocturnal75

25. Pack A Day - paid

26. Fish Byte - paid

27. My Ty - paid

28. Huntinfool43 - paid

29. Team Plunger - paid

30. Dirk Lewis

31. 7Mary3 - paid

32. Fish Trap -paid

33. Cold Cases- paid

34. Weekender- paid

35. Fish Stalker- paid

36. Redeagle - paid

37. Kirby - paid

38. Big Beef - paid

39. Relentless Pursuit- paid

40. I don't think So

41. Dutchking

42. Bigr' Bus

43. Satisfaxion_Gauranteed

• 3 weeks later...

Got my lure pack and we are fishing in the morning it is expected to be lumpy at best calling for 2 to 4 ft near shore and 3 to 5 ft offshore. Any one who can't fish due to weather can still get their lure package and come to the raffle at 12 pm. Forecast for Sun is not much differant and lots of guys can't stay for Sun so it is a fish if you can tourney at this point with a raffle at weigh in. Keep in mind it is for charity so we have to take what we can weather wise.