Crawler Harness/Spinner Rig Q & A.

Hey guys, I was getting ready to (re) tie up some rigs for this year and looking at my ones from last year got me to thinking. I have some tied with two blades, usually like a size four or five with a size 2 or 3 in combo. I have not really noticed any patern as far as the one blade or two blade rigs out fishing the other. So I was wondering which you guys prefer and if there are situations/conditions where you will use one blade or two???

As usual thanks in advance for your opinions, they are muchly appreciated!

Jim

Jim.

Back in the late 50's through the 60's on Munoscong Bay we used a single blade tandom rig of sorts. It was an old June Bug spinner that had a crawler harness attached in to it's backside, making it a two bladed rig. Of course the June Bug spinner blade and the blade on the harness were seperated by whatever length that the crawler harness was tied. But they worked quit well together back then on that particular body of water. In fact I just ordered a dozen of these old, reliable June Bug Spiners (#5 blades) from their site to try this year on the Saginaw Bay for old time sake, and to give the walleyes something new to consider. http://www.angler-al.com/gifts.html

Testimony from the angler Al's tackle company page:

A man named Al and his numerous brothers discovered "The Flowage" after WWII and made it their family vacation spot, as they all were avid fishermen.

After much trial and error, Al and his brothers discovered that the simple June Bug Spinner was just about the only lure that could entice the always elusive walleye. That's all they were interested in catching. It was no longer necessary to sacrifice expensive tackle to the challenging stump and rock filled waters.

Generations of Al's family still make the annual trek to the north woods, always searching The Flowage for the wily walleye.

Al and his brothers have long since passed away, but his grandchildren and great-grandchildren still swear by the June Bug Spinner. It catches everything from walleye, pike, bass, panfish to musky and a variety of saltwater species. Capt. Dan.

variety_group.gif

double_group.gif